CHAPTER - 14

"I can't walk anymore"

Avneet hissed as her legs ached. She leaned her head behind the wall for support.

Rit - avneet, aren't you a girl?" Ritika exclaimed. Avu gave her a puzzled look.

After college was over, Ritika had brought her to a mall for shopping. She wanted to buy some clothes, materials for the seminars as well as the party. There would be a party organized by all the volunteers to celebrate after the function.

Ritika wanted to buy a gala dress, as it's her first college party but avneet  was still clueless. She couldn't even decide whether to attend it or not.

She is not a party person. She never attended any parties before.

Her world was enclosed within her home and her school. She never wanted to give another reason to hear her aunt's taunts. Though her daughter used to attend parties almost every week.

She twisted her brows at Ritika's comment.

Rit - "What? How can a girl not like to do shopping? I can go shopping daily, and I wish I could win some lottery." Ritika said thinking dreamily.

Avu - "What about when you complete your degree then get settled and after that you can shop daily," avu said, knocking some sense into her mind.

Rit - Yeah... yeah... That's what I'm gonna do after becoming a very famous doctor." She replied.

Rit - "Well enough of your rest now. Let's go and check something for the party for you to wear too." Ritika said, emphasizing to her especially as avneet was not buying much.

Avu - "I told you, I don't need anything."

As avu has told Ritika - she had everything. Her mother in law bought her everything before coming to Bangalore. She must have known that she would need some time before adjusting to the new city.

Thinking about her, a smile came to her lips.

Rit -. "Oooh! Someone's smiling. Tell me who's it?" Ritika said, winking at her.

Avneet laughed at her and threw an "Are-you-crazy" look.

Avu - "It's my Maa, you duffer. She is so sweet and loves me a lot. She dragged me to the mall and bought me - I don't know how many things" She said shaking her head. That day, she and vibha ma enjoyed themselves together. Vibha ma told her that she had always wished for a daughter and now she had one. So, she could spoil her the way she wanted.

Avu - "It's not like I didn't buy anything," avu said in her defence as she did but some casual wear and some books.

Rit - "Boring!" Ritika said, rolling her eyes. Avu just gave her a sweet smile.

They roamed around for some time when Ritika finally said she was done for the day - much to avneet's relief! They decided to eat something as both were hungry now.

They ordered pizza and coke for themselves and waited for their order.

Rit - "So, how's the work with Prof. Mishra going on? Did he let you touch the instrument?" Ritika asked her. Because they were all freshers, the teachers asked them to be very careful with chemicals and instruments.

Avneet's  expressions changed suddenly on hearing about her professor. It's been a week since she has joined him. She must admit, he is very intelligent and she enjoyed learning things. But, sometimes she felt odd around him.

Many times he came way too close making their fingers brush against each other, or he would touch her shoulders. He once asked her to have coffee with him and even ordered for her without asking. She hesitated first but he would not take no for an answer.

Avu - "Not so much, but now the workload is immense. So, he dictates me and lets me perform also." Avneet replied. She was lost in her thoughts when Ritika shook her and asked her to start eating.

She didn't even realize when their food had arrived.

Rit - "What happened? You seem to have tensed up all of a sudden." Ritika asked with concern.

Avu - "I don't know... I'm confused about something." She said taking a piece for herself. Confused about if she should share it with her or not. Or maybe she was just overthinking.

Rit - "Okay, shoot," Ritika said.

Avu - "Umm... nothing. I might be just overthinking. Don't worry." She replied, shrugging off all the negative thoughts. Moreover, it's just till the function, then he wouldn't need any extra help.

Rit - Okay! If you say so." Ritika said. Both talked for some time. Then, they left after settling the bill.

Avneet entered the hall without looking around, walking directly towards her room. She didn't want to come in front of him. She had not forgotten what happened last time. How rudely he behaved with her?

She was about to climb the stairs only to bump into a hard chest. She lost her balance but he held her ontime placing his hand around her waist securely. Her hands automatically came onto his chest.

Avu - "I'm sorry... I..." She muttered without looking up. She had panicked when she lost her balance and thought she might fall.

But he saved her.

Sid - "Don't worry, I caught you." He said in a smoky voice, making her eyes wide open.

Of course, it's his touch. She knew.

She looked away, stood straight and mumbled a quick "thank you" to him before collecting her bags.

He watched her - her loose hair falling on her face blocking his way to take a look at her face. He didn't get to see her much for the last few days.

He didn't want to admit it but he wanted to see her. That's why he even came early today.

He saw her shopping bags and other stuff. She stood up, tugging her hair behind her ear nervously. He was gazing at her straight.

He wanted to look into her eyes. Her beautiful brown eyes - he missed them. But she was not giving him any chance, which enraged him. She was fidgeting with her fingers.

"Why can't she just look at me for once?"

He groaned in frustration and ran his fingers through his hair. She was waiting for him to move and give her room to pass.

Sid - "You shopped so much that you can't even walk properly. And that day you were acting all sassy!" He taunted her and walked past her. He didn't realize what he was saying. He was angry at her or maybe at himself.

She watched him leaving in anger.

"What!" She didn't use his money at all. It was her salary which she got from the cafe. She felt sad about his accusations.

"I wish you would listen to me...

Someday!"

So that's for today guys
Hope u all liked this chapter
Bye guys love you all ❤️