Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Once Nancy, Jonathan, and I got our things from the station, we had made it back to the Byers' joint and set everything up. There's a beer trap where we trap the monster and hopefully burn it. Once everything is set up, Jonathan, Nancy, and I are now standing in the living room, preparing to cut our hands so that we can try attract the monster.

Jonathan had made another weapon, a bat that has nails in it. It's a good idea because Nancy and I both have guns. We have about four bullets in each gun, hopefully, that'll do us.

"Remember..." Jonathan began, looking between the two of us.

"Straight into Will's room." Nancy recites.

"Don't step on the trap," I add on, cringing at the thought of a human being in a bear trap.

"Wait for the yo-yo to move." Nancy continued on.

"Then..." Jonathan ignites the lighter. "All right. You guys ready?"

Nancy and I looked at each other. "Ready." We both calmly said. We all our knives against our open palms.

"On three," Jonathan whispered. "One... Two... You don't have to do this—"

"Three!" I yelled out, cutting my palm. I winced at the short pain I felt, eyeing the blood that comes oozing out of my palm. "Ooh, ouch," I mumbled as Nancy and Jonathan both sliced their palms, too.

Jonathan quickly rushed over and grabbed the bandages. He wraps himself up before wrapping up Nancy's, and I wrapped my own hand up.

"Did you hear that?" Nancy asked as Jonathan and Nancy were sitting on the couch, facing each other.

"It's just the wind," Jonathan commented and I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry. My Mom, she said the lights speak when it comes."

"Speak?" I asked and Jonathan looked over at me.

He winced a little. "Blink. Think of them as alarms."

Nancy glanced up at the lights and pursed her lips. "We have an alarm system, cool," I murmur, pacing back and forward around the living room. Suddenly, a loud knock was heard on the door, making all three of us jump. "Oh, my God!"

"Jonathan?" I recognised it as Steve's. "Are you there, man? It's... It's Steve!" Nancy gives me a look. "Listen, I just want to talk!"

"I'll get rid of him," I mumbled, walking over to the door and opening it. "Steve, listen to me."

"Hey. Juno, what—" Steve frowned.

"You need to leave," I tell him, keeping the door open three inches.

"No, I'm not trying to start anything, okay?" Steve tells me.

"I don't care about that." I rolled my eyes. "You need to leave."

"No, no, no listen. I messed up, okay?" Steve quickly said. "I messed up... I messed up. Okay? Really. Please. I just want to make things right." My heart was hammering in my chest as I looked at him. "Okay? Please. Please... Hey, what happened to your hand?" He grabs ahold of my bandaged hand. "Is that blood?"

"Nothing!" I quickly rushed out. "It was an accident."

"What's going on?" Steve questioned.

"Nothing—"

"Wait a sec." Steve cuts me off. "Did he do this to you?"

"No! No, no!" I tried to push him out of the way and stop him from coming in. Steve pushes me aside, his eyes widening as he looked at Nancy and Jonathan who both had their hands cut.