Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

It took two hours roughly to get to Hawkins. Nancy was there to pick me up from the nearest airport in town since she had just dropped Mike off, who was already on his way to California.

She squealed loudly when she saw me amongst the sea of people rushing through in and out of Hawkins.

"Juno!" She rushed over and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, laughing. "It's so good to see you! You look so good! You've changed your style, I see."

"Just a little." I flicked my long hair backwards.

"Was Jonathan disappointed that I didn't show up?" Nancy asked a little sadness in her tone of voice.

"I mean—probably, he didn't voice it," I recalled. "Mike's good, he just landed before I left so I got to briefly say hello to him."

"Oh, good, he made it safe." Nancy lets a wee phew sound. "Okay, so I know how desperately you want to see Steve and Robin, so that's our first stop. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, totally!" I grinned, nervousness bubbling through my chest. "Wait, can we get ice cream, first? It's been a while since I've had it from here."

"Uh, duh." Nancy agrees, taking my luggage and I followed behind her.

We ended up spending half of the day together, catching up and going around Hawkins for memory's sake. Now the Starcourt was no longer available, the shops up-town Hawkins are busier than what I remembered.

Now, I sit in the car outside of FamilyVideo, where Steve and Robin are currently working at. I looked at Nancy, who waited patiently for me to hop out of the car.

"Maybe we should go to yours—"

Nancy gasped suddenly, her eyes widening in realisation. "Wait, Juno, don't tell me you're nervous to see Steve?" She turned to me.

I laughed. "What? No!" I was clearly lying to her, and myself right now. "I just... I don't know. Does Steve have a girlfriend?"

"Um, no?" Nancy cocked her head. "Not that I've heard of. Is that why you're nervous?"

"Of course, that's the reason why I'm nervous!" I blurted out. "I don't want to see the man I love to be with someone else."

Her face softens for a moment. "Awe, Juno. No, he's not with anyone right now. Now get your cute butt in there! He's basically waiting for you at any moment now."

"Really?" I asked. "Did you tell? Nance! It was supposed to be a surprise."

"I'm not good with secrets." She reminded me. "Now go. Seriously. I have to be at the editors club in an hour."

"Okay, okay. I get it, you don't want to see me." I pouted.

"That's not true, we hung out all day!" Nancy pointed out and I huffed. "I'll pick you up later... Unless Steve drops you off." She spoke with a teasingly tone.

"Yeah, yeah. Have fun with your editor club." I mocked her and she scowled at me. "Love you, Nancy Drew."

"Shut up!" She whines. "I'm kicking you out now. Bye!"

"You're not kicking me out when I'm practically leaving." I sang as I opened the door and exited. I turned away from the car and Nancy drove off, leaving me behind. I let out a sigh. This is it, what I've been waiting for.

Let's make this the best Spring Break ever.

I walked over and pushed open the FamilyVideos door, I picked up a random DVD and walked over to the counter where Robin and Steve were talking to each other. They hadn't even noticed me yet.