07. Pic

Guard: "The Prime Minister has been shot!"

Adya: "w-what?!"

She stood up and was going to run out when Neel held her arm and pulled her towards him.

Neel: "You are not leaving!"

Adya: "I am! My mother is there dying!"

Neel: "did the guard said she is dying? He said she is shot. She could have been just shot in her arm or leg. She is the prime minister. These should be nothing for her specially when she is trying to force herself into my business!"

Adya: "But the he didn't say where she was shot either!"

Adya pulled her arm away from him making her loose balance and fall back.

Guard: "Anamika's party is opposing the now rulling party of the state and while she was in a rally she got shot in her arm. She is now in hospital."

Neel looked down at Adya who was now looking down at her lap.

Neel: "You know, i find this very intresting that you don't care about your mother at all but whenever it comes to the question of her life you start struggling like a fish out of water. Why?"

He crouched down in front of Adya to meet her eye level.

Adya: "My family situation is none of your concern Neel Rathore!"

Neel nodded and looked at the guard.

Neel: "Get the car ready in an hour. We will go meet our injured prime minister."

He got up and left the room without even looking at Adya.

After he left the maids came rushing to her and helped her up and took her back to he room.

~

Both of them with few more dozens of men entered the hospital.

The hospital staff immediately took them to the VIP room where Anamika was at.

Neel: "Your mother says she considers herself equal to the public so why isn't she in a common room and in a VIP room?"

Adya looked at Neel who scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Adya sighed and shook her head knowing very well that she can't answer that question.

Adya: "You wait outside."

Adya entered her mother's room and greeted the doctor and the nurse standing beside her bed.

She went over and sat on the stool beside the bed.

She held Anamika's hand and looked at the doctor.

Adya: "How is she?"

Anamika: "See I'm saying I'm all right but these doctors are not at all leaving me."

Adya: "I asked the doctors, not you."

She looked at the doctor waiting for him to talk.

Doctor: "Well she has low blood pressure and also has some digestive issues. And about her arm, the wound is still not healed and it's going to take a few weeks. She should not move her hand much or at all. It's the best if she stays in bed test for a week more."

Adya: "You can leave now."

The doctor left the room with the nurse following behind him.

Anamika: "How's he treating you?"

Adya: "I definitely wouldn't say he is treating me extremely well but he is treating me good. Don't worry about me."

Anamika: "I'm not."

Adya: "I know. Your reputation as the prime minister won't face any harm."

Anamika: "It better not."

Adya: "Have you told dad?"

Anamika: "He doesn't need to know."

Adya: "What do you mean he doesn't? He is my father!"

Anamika: "What will I tell him huh? That his daughter got kidnapped in front of my eyes by Neel Rathore and all I could do was feed the people present there money so they don't say anything about it?!"

Adya stood up furiously, tears were filling her eyes.

Adya: "YES! Yes! Because YOU ARE AN IRRESPONSIBLE PARENT WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT HER REPUTATION AND NOT ABOUT HER FUCKING DAUGHTER!"

There was the sound of the door being slammed open.

Adya immediately turned around and her eyes met with Neel's.

Neel: "What's happening?"

Adya's eyes were red from controlling her tears.

Adya: "Nothing. let's leave."

She looked at Anamika for one last time before leaving the room.

Neel: "I don't know what you did to her but if you even try to go near her again, you are dead."

Anamika: "So it really was you."

Neel didn't say anything and just walked out of the room.

As he entered the car he saw Adya quickly rubbing off her tears.

He sat down and gave her his handkerchief.

Adya: "Can I ask you for something?"

Neel: "Ask me for whatever you want."

Adya: "A phone?"

Neel: "You don't have a phone?"

Adya: "well i did have one but i don't know where it is after the art gallery."

Neel nodded and started the car.

Neel: "Let's get you one then."

After getting herself a phone they all went back to his mansion.

In the noon Adya sat in the balcony overlooking the back garden of the mansion with the phone in her hand.

She spent most of the time today trying to set up the phone after returning.

She was trying to take pictures sitting there to test the camera when she noticed Neel coming in the garden.

He went towards the sitting area and sat down there talking with a man.

Soon he was served tea by few maids.

Adya switched to the back camera of her phone and zoomed in on Neel.

She clicked a pic of him and smiled with satisfaction. Satisfaction of how good the camera quality was and how good the man was looking.

Adya was sitting and smiling when she suddenly got a call.

It was from Neel.

She looked over to him in the garden and picked up the call.

Neel: "So how did the picture come out?"

Adya: "Pretty good actually. The camera quality is really good."

Neel chuckled.

Neel: "Get dressed. We have a party to attend."

Adya: "Why me?"

Neel: "it's 4pm now. The maids will be there with the dress within 6. Get dressed within 8."

Adya: "Yah you stop changing the topic why-"

*Beep*
Neel ended the call.

Adya looked at her phone with anger.

Adya: "That son of a bitch!"