10. Missing him

Adya fainted.

Neel immediately rushed by her side. He kneeled down and put Adya's head on his lap.

He continuously tapped her cheeks in attempt to wake her up. He even shook her but nothing happened.

Finally he picked her up in princess style and rushed out of the washroom.

People gasped and made way as soon as they saw Neel with a blood covered girl in his arms.

He got in his car and put Adya in a laying position as the driver drove the car as soon as possible to the nearest hospital.

After the treatment was done Neel sat down with the doctor for a chat.

Doctor: "Physically everything is fine about her but mentally, mentally she is not at all ok. Whatever happened traumatized her. She is not able to speak out of fear. She is pretty shaken up. I still don't know how much it all affected her. Make sure she is kept safe. Give her time to recover. In few months everything will hopefully be back to normal. Also, she loves to paint so use that as an escape."

~

Adya woke up and she felt a sharp pain in her head.

She groaned and opened her eyes. She realised it was night. The room was dimly lit by the candle lights.

Her eyes landed on Neel. He sat there on a stool with few files open in front of him and him sleeping on them.

She removed the covers from her and got down from the bed.

She walked towards Neel but suddenly stopped. She looked straight at her reflection in the mirror towards her left. A white gauze bandage was wrapped around her neck.

She slowly moved her hand and touched the bandage.

Each and every moments of that night started flashing in her mind.

Adya stumbled back and fell down holding her head and screaming.

Her screaming woke Neel up. He rushed to her and held her arms, shaking her.

Neel: "Adya! Adya look at me! It's me Neel!"

Adya: "Leave me please! I didn't do anything to you please leave me please!"

Neel immediately stood up and rushed out of the room.

After few minutes a bunch of maids came in and started comforting Adya.

At last after few hours of continuous crying and comforting, Adya fell asleep on the laps of the oldest maid.

~

Oldest Maid: "She is sleeping."

Neel: "Make sure to feed her something as soon as she wakes up. And i don't want a single guy near her."

The maid nodded and stood up from the chair.

Oldest Maid: "You should sleep too. You look really tired."

Neel: "I've got work to do."

Oldest Maid: "Neel have you seen yourself? Your eyes are heavy you look half dead. Just go sleep. You can wake up and then do whatever work you have."

Neel gave her a defeated look and finally walked out of his office and went to sleep.

The oldest maid, Meena, was like a mother to all. Everyone calls her Meena-Maa. (Maa=mother)

She was the only one to call Neel by his name and scold him like a mother. When no one dared to go against his order, Meena-Maa always made sure he was ok even though it ment going against him.

~

The next day Adya went to have breakfast with Meena-Maa in the dining hall.

When she entered the hall was empty.

To be honest, she was pretty disappointed. She wanted to see Neel.

Adya: "Where's Neel?"

Meena-Maa: "He left few minutes ago. You want to see him?"

Adya: "No it's ok."

~

The same thing continued for few days.

The breakfast table was always empty for her. Same for her lunch and dinner.

She didn't see Neel since that night.

Every time she asked someone about him, the reply always was either he was busy or was out for work which again was equal to being busy.

Even though Adya didn't wanted to admit, she missed him.

She missed him more than anything.

It was a rainy night.

The rain was pretty heavy.

Adya sat in her balcony.

On the table there was a bottle of wine full, a bottle empty and a half filled wine glass. There were 2 more empty bottles lying on the ground.

She took the wine glass and moved the glass in circles. The wine inside it swirled around.

Adya: "Am i ugly?"

She gasped and slammed the glass on the table.

She took her phone and opened her camera and looked at herself.

She held her chin and turned her face in every angle.

Adya sighed.

Adya: "I'm not at allll uglyy hmph!"

She took the wine glass and chugged it all in.

She poured herself another glass and took a pic of her holding the wine glass.

She posted it on her social media without any captions and kept drinking.

After few minutes there were furious bangs on Adya's bedroom door.

She flinched and ran towards the door, almost falling 2 times.

She stopped right in front of the door and put her ear to the door and in an extremely drunk voice she asked.

Adya: "Who's there?"

Neel: "It's me, open the door now!"

Adya gasped and moved away from the door.

Adya: "Did i hear it right? Neel?"

Neel: "Yes Adya open the door now!"

Adya: "No no no this can't be. I must be dreaming. Yes I'm dreaming."

Neel: "Adya Arora open the fucking door otherwise I'm going to break it and enter!"