09. Party pt-2

Adya looked down on her phone and the call was from her father.

Neel saw the call and turned around towards the window.

Adya hesitantly picked up the call.

Father: "Adya? Is it really you?"

Adya: "Yes. It's me."

Father: "Oh my! How have you been?! My secretary immediately contacted me after she saw your story. I went over and saw it and realised it must have been you who called me!"

Adya: "Hmmm"

Father: "i tried calling your mother but she absolutely ignored my calls."

Adya: "After all her reputation is more important isn't it. It was and forever will me more important than her husband and her daughter."

Father: "Don't say stuffs like that daughter. She is your mother. She gave birth to you. She loves you."

Adya: "She does? I never felt it though."

Father: "Adyaa.."

Adya: "Stop lecturing me about her. You know now that I'm ok. Don't call me unless something important is there."

Father: "Neel's there with you?"

Adya: "Yes."

Father: "I understand. Please be safe and if you need any help just call me."

Her father ended the call. Adya looked at her phone and sighed.

Neel: "How's your relation with your father?"

Adya: "Really good actually but recently things been tough because of mom."

Neel nodded and looked away.

After what felt like an hour they finally reached the venue.

Adya was going to get out of the car but Neel held her hand.

Neel: "Do not get out of my sight by any means."

Adya nodded understanding that there must me so many people trying to harm him and in that process that could hurt her too.

Adya: "What is the party for in the first place?"

Neel: "One of my old friend's wedding anniversary."

They both got out of the car and immediately cameras started flashing at their face.

Adya walked in front and Neel walked right behind her. It almost looked like Neel was her bodyguard but did he mind? Not at all.

After they entered the big villa they were immediately greeted by this 'old friend'.

Raj Malhotra.

Raj Malhotra is a world famous fashion designer. Even though he is quite aged, his designs always stay at the top and trending. No matter if it's casual dressing, party dressing or traditional. He is always at the top.

Raj: "It is great seeing you here Neel."

He hugged Neel and patted him on his back.

Raj: "And who do we have here?"

He looked at Adya and walked towards her.

Raj moved his hand in front of Adya and waited for her to hold it but she didn't.

She looked at Neel as if asking for permission.

Neel stepped forward and held Raj's hand and shook it.

Raj looked at Neel and awkwardly laughed. He took a step back and raised both of his hands in a surrendering motion.

Raj: "I get it, i get it. She is yours!"

Neel didn't say anything and just smirked.

Raj: "Okay now let's go get seated."

After sitting there and greeting random people Adya felt more than bored.

She looked at Neel who was busy talking with a man. She looked around and saw a sign for the washroom.

She got up to leave when Neel held her hand. She turned around and looked at him.

Neel: "Where?"

Adya: "To the washroom."

Neel: "Call me immediately if anything happens."

Adya: "I will."

I am putting a warning here. The following content contains a scene of attempt to sexual assault. If anyone is uncomfortable or triggered by it then please skip this chapter from here.

She gave him a smile and walked out of the room to the washroom.

Adya immediately stopped in her tracks when she saw it was a unisex washroom.

Without thinking much about it she went in.

It was empty and quite. Even the loud buzzing of the party wasn't herd there.

She went to a stall and was doing her business when she herd the washroom door opening. Then she herd someone walking around and another stall door opened and closed.

After getting out she was washing her hand when the stall door opened.

Came out Raj Malhotra.

The man smiled at her and Adya smiled back.

Raj: "Did you like the party?"

Adya: "Yes it's amazing."

He went and started washing his hand while looking at himself through the reflection.

Raj: "But you looked like you were pretty bored."

Adya chuckled awkwardly and looked at her phone in her hand.

She double clicked on her home button and an emergency call screen popped up. She clicked one time on Neel's contact. Another tap will immediately call Neel.

Adya: "I wasn't bored at all. I'm just kinda tired. That's it."

Raj nodded and Adya turned to leave when Raj held her arm and pulled her. Adya immediately tapped on her phone screen calling Neel.

From the very start she felt something was off with this man. He didn't give her good vibes in any way and Adya always trusted her guts.

Adya: "What the fuck?!"

She tired to push him away but that old man was too strong for her.

Finally she was able to push him away and she slapped him.

Raj: "Did you just slap me?! You bitch!"

Raj held Adya by her neck and pushed her down. He then got on top of her and started choking her.

Suddenly there was a series of gunshots.

Raj fell right on Adya and blood splattered all over her.

Adya was shocked. Traumatized to be more specific.

Neel immediately pulled the dead body of Raj away from Adya.

But Adya didn't move.

She layed there in the same position, her eyes wide open and fixed on the dead body of Raj Malhotra.

Neel: "Adya?"

Adya slowly felt her head getting heavy. Her surroundings slowly started to darken and fade away.

She fainted.