Chapter 1

The blonde hair jinchuuriki of the Hidden Leaf Village carefully opened the window of his friend bedroom. Not wanting to wake her up, he tiptoed close to her bed.

Said friend was snoring softly. Soft red hair spread in the pillow as the blanket covered her face to escape the morning sunlight.

If Naruto didn't know better, he would have jumped or yelled or do whatever prank that came into the prankster's mind. If she was everyone else, Naruto wouldn't have cared what she thought , but he cared, more than he should.

So he gently lifted her covers. A chuckle left his lips when the red haired girl whined from the comfortable weight leaving her.

"Wake up~ sleepy head!" Naruto sang with an uncharacterical low enough voice not to bother the half asleep girl. He was in a good mood and so needed (y/n) to be. Waking her up by making loud noises was close to summoning Satan.

Y/N steeply arouse from her bed. Trying to rub the sleep away from her eyes . She murmured a incoherent "morning" which was the cutest thing in the world or at least the most adorable thing Naruto had ever seen. He saw her leave to the bathroom, dragging her feet as per usual.

With his morning task done, Naruto invited himself into Y/n kitchen to raid her fridge. It had become a routine for both of them.

He and (Y/n) had first meet in a complicated situation for normal children, but for him something that happen in daily basis. The bakery owner of a bakery Naruto wanted to buy a small delicious looking strawberry cake had kick him out, yelling mean things.

Both of them hadn't noticed the small red hair girl enter the bakery, nor the strawberry cake disappear from the stand. The next moment she was in front of Naruto, ignoring the angry old man behind her. With a sweet smile, she stretched her small arm toward Naruto.

"Here."an angelic voice came out from her rosy lips. " You wanted this, right?" Her head tilted a little.
Naruto was in trance. Couldn't believe his eyes nor his ears. He looked for the cake that was close to his reach to the girl face that didn't show any malice or anger, like others he had met in his short lived life. Naruto found the act heartwarming, but the owner thought otherwise.

"What do you think you are doing kid?!" Said kid paid him no mind. Naruto wretch at the tone of the voice. "I forbid that demon to buy anything from my store. You can't give that monster my cake .YOU HEAR ME GIRL!" the owner fumed with anger. All directed at Naruto. Naruto eyes were on the girl. She didn't spare the man a glance even when the insults were spoken from his mouth. It was like she was focused on studying Naruto instead.

Gently she set the cake plate in the ground in front of Naruto with a small smile and soft eyes, Naruto had never seen before directed at himself. The atmosphere around her change when she turned to the owner. The air turned cold.

"Bad! Grandpa, bad!" It was like she was scolding a dog. "I bought that cake with my own money so is none of your business what I do with it." It was totally different. Naruto saw the owner legs shake, his face was borderline terrified. Naruto did find it in him to feel bad, but the old geezer deserved it. "Don't worry. I will personally complain to the Hokage for the way you treat your clients." She paused and turned to Naruto.

The tense atmosphere disappeared. The blonde boy was in awe when she smiled like she hadn't threatened someone to destroy their whole live. "Enjoy your cake." With that she turned her way.

His eyes followed her disappear before taking the cake and go home with a smile on his face.

That was his best birthday.

Yet!

"Of all the things on the fringe." Naruto lifted his head. Midway swallowing the noodles to look at his friend. She had changed from her comfortable pyjama too her ninja gear. Her head was shaking in disapproval, still a smile in her lips. "Leave it to you to choose ramen."

Securing the rest of the noodles in his stomach. "You like ramen too." He fired back. Y/n took a plate of a homemade soup that she made herself.

"Yeah!" Not as much as Naruto. "But I know I need other proteins." Naruto continued to eat the ramen like it was the only food in existence and totally ignored whatever she was saying. "Whatever!" She had accepted defeat the second the discussion started.

Naruto was always going to be Naruto.

Hope you enjoyed!