Chapter 14

"Naruto is good that you realised the poison but anymore and.." Naruto's hand continued bleeding. "You will die from lack of blood. Seriously." Kakashi said it with a closed eyed smile. Naruto freaked out. It was kind of funny.

"Let me see your hand." Kakashi knelt in front of Naruto. Y/n was going to say a joke about Kakashi proposing to him, but after seeing Naruto's wound her smile fell.

Naruto's wound was starting to heal. It was a good thing, but the reason behind it wasn't that much. Y/n made a mental note to tell the Hokage to find someone qualified enough to talk to Naruto about the nine tail's chakra inside him.

Naruto's hand was bandaged, when Tazuna called Kakashi. "I have to talk to you." He was finally ready to talk. "It's about this mission. You are right, this job is most likely outside your duties." Well, it was for sure. "It turns out, a dangerous man is after my life." Tazuna was finally providing them some information. The guys they caught before were tense, which meant they were sent by the said man.

"Dangerous man? Who?" Kakashi asked.

"You have at least heard his name before." Tazuna sigh. Y/n raised an eyebrow. "The wealthy shipping magnate, Gatou." Y/n had no idea, who the man was, but by what Tazuna said, the guy had money and a lot of money meant that there was a high chance for them to encounter high rank ninja.

"Huh? Gatou, from that Gatou company? He is said to be the world's few extremely wealthy people." Apparently Kakashi had heard of the guy. Y/n lips were on a thin line, not liking what she was hearing.

"Yes. Officially he runs a large shipping company, but secretly he sells drugs and other illegal items using ninja and gang members to take over business and countries. He is a very nasty man." From his whole work biography, Y/n concluded that the Land of wave was completely screwed "It was about a year ago when he set his eyes on the Wave country." The complaints Y/n had heard from the shop owner, were that the materials they had ordered from the Wave country stopped being imported around that period of time.
"Through money and violence, he quickly took control of the country's shipping company. Gatou now has a monopoly on all the business traffic in the country." Wave country was in deep trouble. "The only thing he has to fear now is the completion of the bridge." Rich people and fear didn't mix well together.

'This mission is getting so troublesome.'

"I see. Since you're building the bridge you're in the way." Sakura pointed out the obvious.

"So the ninjas are hired by Gatou?" Sasuke asked. Naruto totally looked confused.

"They are." Y/n head turned at the tied up ninjas, she smirked. "Am I right boys?" They glared. It was obvious they weren't talking. So they turned to Tazuna, who was finally opening up.

"If you know ninjas could be after you, why did you hide that fact when you hired us?" Kakashi was asking more for the sake of confirmation. He and Y/n had guest the reason, when he was taking about the state his country was at.

"You are broke, aren't you?" Y/n asked when Tasuna was silent for a while. His had was lowered, a sign he was not proud of his actions.

"Yes!" He confirmed. "The wave country is super poor. Even the feudal lord has no money. So we don't have enough money to pay a B rank mission." Tazuna explained. It was sad what Gatou had done to the country.

A loud explosion was heard behind them. They took fighting positions. Smoke was coming from were the tied up ninjas were. When it was clear, only the rope was sitting lonely in the ground.

"Well done sensei." Y/n said sarcastically. Kakashi shoulders slumped down.

"Well if you quit the mission now, I will probably die." Tazuna was desperate.

"But.." Kakashi didn't manage to finish his sentence, because Tazuna started a rant about what will happen if he died. It was to make them look like the bad guys and it did work. "Well, I guess we have no choice. We will protect you at least until you get back at your country." Which sounded easy than it actually was.

They made their way to were a boat was waiting for them. Kakashi had told Y/n to use her sensory skills only when he gave permission. Y/n had agreed. It was useful, but tiring at the same time. If there was a high rank ninja waiting for them, she needed to be in top shape.

So far they hadn't spotted any enemy. It was hard to see were they were going, the mist was thick. Y/n left it to the guy in charge. She didn't know much about sailing, but wasn't opposite of learning. In a picture book, Y/n had seen some beautiful large ships and been fascinated by them. Maybe in another life she was going to be travelling around the world aboard of an amazing ship in search for adventure and..

"Wow! It's huge!!" Y/n daydream was interrupted. A big half built bridge was in sight. 'Impressive.'

"Hey! Be quiet! Why do you think we're hiding in the mist and not using the engine? We will be in deep trouble if Gatou finds us." Naruto covered his mouth. Y/n shook her head. Gatou probably knew they were in their way, the two gennins had probably given their report by now.

When they set foot on land Y/n was more comfortable. It meant less fog and they had a clear vision of their surroundings.

They started to walk again. Y/n was tense. It was to quiet and that didn't mean every time a good thing. Her hand was closed to her kunai holder.

Naruto, her beloved knucklehead friend, jumped forward and threw a shuriken at a bush... and killed a rat.

Y/n laughed hard when he played it cool, the tension completely leaving her. Maybe he thought it was cool and used a kunai this time. It killed a white snow rabbit.

It remember Y/n of her first kill. Her father had blindfolded her and guided her hand, that was holding a knife at a white cute rabbit that was placed in front of her. Her 4 year old self had been traumatised and not left the room for about a week.

What Y/n found weird was that the time wasn't right for white snow rabbits to be around. She made eye contact with her sensei. Her sensory scanned the aria and it confirmed there was someone. Someone strong.

"Sensei!" She warned.

"Everyone get down!"Kakashi ordered. Y/n hurried down, dragging Naruto with her. She didn't trust him to act fast with what he pulled earlier in the mission.

He ended up on top of her. They both blushed, their noses were literally touching, their legs intertwined, his weight was weirdly comfortable... Y/n took a deep breath and swallowed. This was not the time to deal with teenage hormones.

There was a big sword flying on top of their heads.

Hope you enjoyed!