Chapter 16

Y/n was aware that the one standing in front of them was a clone of her sensei. Also painfully aware of the dangerous situation they were in, but the adrenaline of witnessing this tension. It made her own blood boil in excitement. The want to kill that was in the air made her own bloodlust slip up, just a bit. She wanted action. She wanted to fight.

"Sasuke!" Kakashi called. Y/n side eyed her teammate. He looked pale. Y/n scolded herself for losing it in the moment."Don't worry I'll protect you guys even if it kills me." Y/n heart swelled at her sensei's clone sweet words. "I don't let my comrades die." It was his way of ninja and Y/n admired him for that.

Her senses went on hyper mode. Her mind was full of red flags. On instinct she moved in front of Tazuna. Before her brain could register what was happening, Zabuza's big sword was in front of her face. Y/n used her dagger's handle to put pressure down into Zabuza's not-sharp-side of his sword, to prevent him from swinging it.

Kakashi's clone came and stabbed Zabuza clone. It exploded like a water balloon. Another Zabuza attacked, mist surrounding him as he sliced Kakashi's clone in half. Sakura freaked out and screamed.

"Don't move!" Kakashi ordered, standing behind him. His kunai in Zabuza's throat. Y/n didn't feel good about this. "It's over!!" She didn't know if this Zabuza was the real one or not. 'Stupid mist jutsu!'

Zabuza started to laugh. It wasn't a good sign. She tried to look around, but no luck. "It's over?" Y/n didn't like the tone he phrased that question. "You don't get it. There is no way you can defeat me with your monkey like imitation." Y/n wondered if he was baying time for something. Zabuza snickered. "But that was impressive of you! At that time you had already copied my water clone jutsu.You had your clone say those words to attract my attention, while the real you stayed in the mist and watched. Nice plan." It was indeed a nice plan. "But.." Y/n had an uneasy feeling.

"Sensei.." she didn't have time to voice her concern.

"I am also not that easy." Another Zabuza showed up behind him. Y/n's eyes widen. Kakashi cut the Zabuza's clone throat. It exploded into water.

"That one's a fake too!!" Y/n was so done with commentary on what was happening. She saw Zabuza swing his sword. To her joy Kakashi dogged it, the sword got stuck into the ground.

"Get down!" Y/n pulled the old bridge builder down as fast as she could. Kakashi was kicked and sent flying on top of her head and ended up into the water.

She jumped into her feet. Not wasting Zabuza went their direction with the intent to kill , but had stop into his tracks, because of the makibishi (iron spikes) that were spread in the ground.

Zabuza disappeared again. "Fool." She turned to were his voice was, her eyes widen. Y/n wanted to know many things, and what she wanted to know now was 'How are we supposed to get him out of that babble?' Zabuza had trapped Kakashi.

Electricity run through her daggers, her stand was defensive. As much as she trained with Kakashi, Y/n was painfully aware that there was no way for her to defeat him. She only knew Zabuza had a badass sword and probably an arsenal of high level jutsus.

"Now I have you in an inescapable prison." Y/n believe there was nothing everlasting. If she had to wait for his chakra to run out she was going to wait. "It's tougher if you can't move." Zabuza mocked. Y/n eyes shone dangerously. "Kakashi, We will finish things later." Y/n bit her lip as Zabuza formed a hand sign she become familiar with 'Water clone no jutsu'. "First. I'll take care of them." Y/n was worried sick about her teammates.

Zabuza's clone laughed walked towards them. "Wearing those headbands and acting like ninja.." They were ninjas. "A real ninja is someone who survived numerous brushes with death." They were having an encounter with a possible death. "Only when you're listed in my handbook can you call yourself a ninja. You're no ninja." With that said he disappeared into the mist.

Y/n was expecting Zabuza to appear somewhere close to her. Behind, in front, on the her sides or just kill Tazuna without wasting more of his time. All those were possibilities.

Y/n didn't expect him to attack Naruto. She had to hold in the last ounce of her patience, to not jump into a attack. But that was it she had enough.

"Sakura! Sasuke!" Both teammates turned at her. They paled at the deadly aura that was surrounding her. "Protect the old man!" She was not asking nicely, Y/n had given an order.

"Take Tazuna and run!" Kakashi yelled. Y/n blinked in surprise. "You have no chance of beating him." Y/n lips were on a thin line. "As long as he is keeping me trapped in this prison he can't move." Y/n allowed Kakashi's words enter one ear and leave the other. Something she did during lessons on the Academy. "The water clone can not go very far from his real body. Just run away!" Kakashi shouted.

Y/n waited for her teammates to make a decision. If they decided to leave Y/n was going to respect that. It was their life, but she wasn't going to move.
If Kakashi wanted them to abandon him on a tough situation than he should had taught them differently. Y/n respected Kakashi as her sensei not only because he was strong, but because of his morals. If he felt strongly about their safety, well he should think again, because Y/n wanted him safe as well.

Naruto was going to be the death of her. He went directly and attacked the clone. She swallowed her fear for Naruto's life and changed to save her blonde friend. Y/n managed to caught him when Zabuza's clone foot kicked him right into the face.

They fell in the ground. "What are you doing attacking him all by yourself?" Sakura shouted. Y/n notice what Naruto had in hand. Her eyes softened, she knew the importance the headband had for Naruto. "We genin have no chance against him!" They didn't, but Kakashi did. Y/n needed a plan to free him.

Naruto sat up. "Hey, you eyebrowless freak.." Something was different. "Put this in your handbook. The man that will become Hokage.." Naruto put the headband on his forehead. "Leaf village ninja.." His aura remember Y/n of his fight with Mizuki. Her eyes were full of admiration. "Naruto Uzumaki." Her best friend was growing with every fight. "Sasuke!" Naruto called. Y/n raised an eyebrow.

"What is it?" Sasuke asked.

"I have a plan. "Naruto planned various of pranks. There was a chance that his plan was going to work. Y/n put her trust in her best friend.

"Team work from you?" The smile on Sasuke's face said that he was interested.

"Naruto.." Y/n called "..leave the clone to me."

"Are you sure, Y/n?" Naruto asked. Concern was heard clear in his voice.
Y/n nodded.

Her face was serious, looking at Zabuza's clone. "I have wanted to blow a water balloon up all day ." Naruto eyes widen and then smirked. "I will be leaving Tazuna in your hands." She gave Sakura a side eye with no place to argue, Sakura nodded. With all that out of the way. It was time.

" Let's go wild!"

Hope you enjoyed!