Chapter 27

Y/n didn’t like breaking promises, but when she had to, she did.

The first time was when her father refused to teach her jutsus like the ones on his stories. She was still practising kunai and shuriken phase at the time. So her father had only shook his head “It’s early for that.” and patted the pouting girl’s head.

Being curious, impatient and a child, Y/n decided to take things on her tiny hands. So when her father was called on a mission, Y/n was ready to put in action her scheme. The whole point of which was to infiltrate the room her father kept all his ninja stuff.

It’s not like she hadn’t been there before, but never without the watchful eyes of her father. Inside the room were held secret documents and weapons that were not supposed to be on a child presence, but that wouldn’t stop Y/n.

She entered  it without hesitation and made the way towards her father’s work desk as she past in the well organised rafts full of scrolls and folders and the sharp looking swords that hang on the wall. Y/n used her arms to hop up on her father’s chair. Her eyes landed on the photos on the top off the desk.

Y/n’s eyes softened at the to grown ups that were shown up in one of them. She took that one on her hand. Admiring the work of nature as cherry blossom surround the two. The red haired woman had her hands wrapped around the white haired man neck, smiling as one of her hand played with his short low ponytail. The man hands were around her waist to keep her close. They were both lost on each others eyes, smiling as nothing was wrong in the world. dad smiling at each other like everything around them didn’t matter.

It was painful to see every day how much her father missed her mother. With a sad smile she placed it close to the other two. There was a resent phone of her and one of her hugging her dad.

Y/n took a deep breath and smacked her cheeks. “Stay focused. Stay focused on the plan. Stay focused on the plan.” She chanted, reminding herself the purpose of being there. With new found determination the little red haired used a pin to open the top drawer on her father’s desk. She had witnessed him putting a notebook there, one that Y/n  wasn’t allowed to be close to while he wrote it. A smile bloomed on her lips as her eyes caught a glimpse the same notebook on the pile off paper inside the drawer. She had to stretch her tiny hands and bring it on top of the table. Her smile had spread ear to ear as she opened it.

Y/n hummed happily while going through the pages. Each page had name of a jutsu on top of it, names Y/n had heard on her father’s story, but they needed to much chakra to be used. Her hopes were leaving her, until she stumbled upon something her father hadn’t talked about before. “Sage mode" it was called.

Y/n had succeeded to read two pages of her father’s notes when she decided that it was easy enough to give it a try. Setting the notebook on the floor, keeping it in front of her as she sat on a meditation position. Y/n was familiar with meditation before, but a form of it that helped to become stronger while she also relaxed was an interesting and Y/n was exciting to try.

‘Maybe dad will be impressed and start to teach me strong  jutsus if I learn this on my own.’ The child naively thought and closed her eyes.
Y/N focuses on her breathing, letting any kind of tension leave her body, sitting absolutely still like the instruction said. Y/n could imagine the forest, the land, the grass, the clyster clear water of the river aura’s surrounding her body. The chakras fighting for dominance. It was not uncomfortable or painful. It was more like her continence was fading more she stayed like that.

Then there was pain. Her  the blue eyes flew open to search as to why her hand sting. Her eyes narrowed at the white fur cub, who had her hand between his teeth. “Bad puppy!” she scolded, retreating her hand to her chest. It was not bleeding, but the skin was irritated on a red colour with the teeth tattooed on it. The cub whined, putting his injured paw on the trunk of his nose. Y/n guessed it was an apology, so she pat his head smiling. She couldn’t stay mad at his cuteness.

Y/n bought the cub on her lap and unbandage his paw. She had found him on the forest, hidden on a bush while his blood soaked his leg. Thankfully it was nothing serious and it was healed very fast. She patted his head again in congratulation.

They were both startled by the heavy footsteps coming towards the room. A panting white haired showed up at the door. “Dad? What are you doing her?” the little red haired asked because he was supposed to be on a mission right now.

“My friend tricked me. There was no mission.” The white haired jounin answer. “They only wanted to hang out.” He frowned and straitened his posture. “My question is..” he walked towards them. “..what are you doing here little lady.” Y/n gulped, her eyes looked around to find an excuse.

“I was playing hide and seek with the puppy.” Y/n smiled at her dad, holding the cub on her chest. It would have been a solid answer if it wasn’t for the notebook sitting in front of them.
“Is that so?" He asked in amusement. His red haired daughter nodded a couple of time.

"Then.." His head tilted on the side, a smirk forming on his lips. "What is my notebook doing on the floor?" He pointed at it, almost laughing as his little girl's mouth opened and closed without an answer.

Y/n's eye twitched. ‘How am I going to get a way out of this?’ While the little girl brain was searching for a response, her dad lowered himself to get his notebook.

However, his movement came to a stop as he released on what page it was open. His blue eyes widen as he looked from the page at his daughter then back at the page, fear forming on his gut.

Y/n jerked in surprise as her dad’s hands were abruptly holding her face, his eyes searching for something, which was weird. He did that  only when he thought she was injured. “You didn’t try to practice ‘Sage mode’ right?” Y/n nodded despite her father's silent plea for the answer to be negative. She didn’t understand why her father’s eyes held so much fear. Fear of losing. Of losing her.

His hands left her face as one went up to massage the bridge of his nose. Y/n felt bad for making her father worry. All she wanted was to make her father acknowledge that she was able to handle herself. “Look..” Y/n showed him her bitten hand. “..the cub bit me out off the concentration.” She tried to lighten the mood. Her father glared at the cub playfully and roughly ruffled the white fur. Both smiled at the cub whine. 

The tension had left the white haired father. His daughter was fine so that matter and he needed to make more aware off the danger she had avoided.

He made himself comfortable on the floor. “That was recluse." He scolded. Y/n's head hung low. "We are lucky he bit you or you would have turned into stone.” Y/n raised an eyebrow at his flat tone. 'He can't be serious?!'

“You would have pontificated me if that were to happen.” Y/n responded , not taking it seriously, but the dark look on her father’s eyes made regret her words.'He can't be serious?!'  “Really?” she asked in disbelief. Her father nodded.

“There is no way off reverting back that I now of.” Y/n went pale and gulped loudly. 'He is serious!' She couldn't believe what she was hearing, but her father's reaction made sense now.

“It is a high class technique. Only few chosen one are able to master it. The first Hokage, the fourth.." Y/n nodded getting his point. "One of them is also my uncle.” Y/n raised an eyebrow.

“The frog summoner?” Her father laughed

“Yes. He is the one that taught the forth too.” Y/n curiously listened. “Maybe, next time he comes around, I can ask him to train you.” Y/n picked up in interest.

“You think I can manage it, dad?” The white haired father grinned.

“My daughter can handle it.” He ruffled her hair, fondly. “You can read this,..” he waved the notebook. “..but..” his face showed seriousness. “..you have to promise not to practice it without having someone to guide you. “ He lifted his pinky finger. Y/n grinned and linked her smaller one with his not braking eye contact.

“Pinky promise.” Both said at the same time.

Hope you enjoyed!