Chapter 18

Kakashi dropped from his spot to check Zabuza’s vitals for any sign of life. Y/n didn’t have the heart to look at him. ‘If you don’t want your consciousness eat you, never look at your enemy lifeless eyes.' That was what her father had told her long ago. So she stared at the newcomer, studying him. “You took your time.” Y/n said without looking away.

“He is heavy.” Her clone said panting and exploded. Naruto owned her a piggyback ride.

“Thank you very much!” The stranger spoke. From his voice he sounded young. “I have been searching for the opportunity to kill Zabuza for a long time.” Zabuza had been strong opponent. Taking him down when he was on a bad situation was a very good plan.

“That mask..” Kakashi trailed off. Y/n looked at the mask, not knowing what it meant. “You're a Hidden Mist hunter-nin.” Y/n’s eyes widen. She had read somewere about them.

“Impressive. You’re correct.” Y/n’s gaze softened. Being so young and having such an high profile job it was proof that he was a hard worker. But listening to Zabuza’s story earlier made her wonder what hellish things this boy must have gone through.

“Hunter-nin?” Naruto asked behind her. Another Naruto clueless moment. Y/n sigh.

“Yes my duty is to hunt down missing-nins. I’m part of Hidden Mist Hunter-nin team.” Y/n was starting to like this guy. His explanation was short and understandable. The name was self explanatory in the first place. Y/n sent a grateful smile, to which he probably didn't understand the meaning of.

Naruto got in front of her. He looked at Zabuza and then at the hunter- nin. “ WHAT THE HELL!” Naruto yelled. Y/n was thinking the same thing. ‘Why the hell is he yelling?’ She didn’t understand what went through Naruro’s mind sometimes. “Who are you?” Y/n facepalmed.

“Don’t worry Naruto. He is not an enemy.” Kakashi made his way towards them.

“I AM NOT ASKING THAT.” Naruto said yelling again. “THAT ZABUZA...” Naruto pointed where the body laid. Y/n for a minute almost make the mistake to look at it. “THAT ZABUZA  WAS KILLED! A GUY THAT STRONG..” Naruto turned his body at their sensei. “A GUY THAT STRONG WAS KILLED BY A KID!” Naruto pointed his finger at the hunter-nin. Y/n had to disagree. Zabuza was killed by a ninja. “BY A KID NO DIFFERENT FROM ME!” That was not true. “WE LOOK STUPID!” Y/ n wanted to interfere, but decided to let her friend vent out his frustration. “HOW CAN I ACCEPT THAT?!”

“Well, even if you don’t accept it. Still, It did happened Naruto.” Kakashi ruffled Naruto’s hair. Y/n heart felt warm at the sensei’s gesture. She smiled as she watched Naruto’s cheeks reddened. “ In this world exist kids younger than you and yet stronger then me.” It was hard to believe, but it was the truth.

The hunter-nin jumped to were the body was. Y/n turned to looked there on instinct. Thankfully his eyes were closed. “ You’re battle is over now. I must dispose of this body now.” He placed Zabuza’s arm around his neck. “Since it seems to be a body full of secrets. Farewell!” With that he disappeared.

“HE'S GONE!” Y/n continued to stare at the empty spot. ‘Isn’t a Hunter-nin suppose to dispose the body from existence, not take it with them?’ Y/n decided to not voice her concern.

Kakashi let out a sigh of relief, lowering his headband to cover his sharingan. “Now lets get Tazuna back home.” Kakashi stated. Y/n nodded.

Tazuna laughed relieved. “Sorry to have caused all this trouble. You can rest at my house when we arrive.” Y/n smiled at him brightly. The old man’s cheeks turned a little red in embarrassment. He did feel guilty about underestimating her.

“Alright! Let’s go!” Kakashi took the lead. They followed him about two steps and then he fell down. While her the others were on panic, Y/n activated her sensory skill. She had stop using it because of the stupid mist.

“Don’t worry guys.” Y/n tried to calm them down. ” He just passed out, because of chakra exhaustion.” His chakra was very low. Y/n doubted he was going be able to stand when woke up. She looked around each of  her companions. They were staring at her. Her hands flew up, in surrender. “I am not carrying him.” Y/n stated. The others deadpanned.

“I can carry him.” Tazuna offered.

“Are you sure?” Sakura asked innocently. Y/n could bet that Sakura was celebrating inside her head.

“Are you going to do it then?” Y/n rolled her eyes. Sakura started stuttering, struggling to find the right excuse. Y/n was one hundred percent sure Sakura was cursing her mentally.

She turned to the boys of the team. “Any of you volunteering?” Sasuke turned his head to the side, his hands in his pocket. It was his way of saying no. Naruto shook his head.

“Alright then.” Y/n turned to Tazuna with an apologetic smile. “We will leave our sensei in your hands then Tazuna-san.” She used suffixes this time, to make it clear she was counting on him.

After they secured Kakashi on Tazuna’s back, Y/n remembered something. She looked at her blonde friend and jumped on his back . Naruto was startled, Y/n laughed. “What are you doing?” Naruto asked, moving his backpack at the front. His hands held her legs , while Y/n had thrown her arms around his neck.

“ You owe me a piggyback ride.” Y/n said as they continued to walk. Naruto wined. Y/n chuckled. She placed her chin in his shoulder. “You did great out there.” Y/n said in a soft voice. She saw his ears reddened as he muttered “Thanks” more like stutter it. Y/n giggled at his cuteness. Her eyes were getting heavier. The slow pace and Naruto scent were smoothing her to sleep. All her worries and tension melted as she didn't struggle and let sleep consume her.

When Y/n woke up they were at Tazuna's house. Naruto was still carrying her, speaking in a low voice to not wake her up. Y/n found it sweet.

Tsunami,  Tazuna’s daughter, had prepared a futon for Kakashi, who was still sleeping.

Y/n stretched her limbs. Finally getting off of Naruto, who didn’t companion. Once in their early friendship he woke her up with a shout on her ear and had to take her on a tour around the village on his back the whole day as punishment. It was a fun memory now. At least for her. To repay Naruto, Y/n give him a kiss on the cheek and left the blushing blonde behind, to find a place for her backpack.

“Oh! You woke up! Are you alright?” Tsunami asked Kakashi. Her hands on her hips.

“Yeah!” He was not. “I just can’t move for a week or so.” Which was not alright.

“What?” Apparently  Sakura wasn’t happy to hear that. "The sharingan is incredible, but if it puts so much pressure in your body, I guess you have to think before using it.” Or was it that he didn’t always use it and wasn’t used to it.

“Maybe you’re getting rusted sensei.” Kakashi looked at her. Y/n was sitting next to him, across from Sakura. She smirked. Y/n had still to forget that he told them to leave him behind.

“Well , he did defeat that strong assassin, so we will be fine for a while.” Said Tazuna. Y/n saw Tsunami  approach them with glasses of water. She looked at Kakashi with a sly smile.

“But, sensei is going to get bored.” Her voice was a little loud. She needed all their attention and she got it. “oh I know.” She snapped her fingers as Tsunami gave her a glass of water. “Could you please read Kakashi-sensei his book while he isn't able to move, please!” Y/n gave her best puppy eyes and innocent face she could master.

Y/n didn’t need to look at Kakashi to know he was sweating. Her teammates, who knew what book she was talking about, went silent.

“Sure.” Tsunami smiled. Completely clueless of what she agreed with. Y/n turned to Kakashi, who looked like he wanted to erase these last minutes of his life.

“Isn’t that great sensei?”

○◇○
Hope you enjoyed!