Chapter 19

Y/n saw with amusement the gears turn inside Kakashi's head. He was struggling to find an excuse. "I-" Kakashi cleared his throat. Y/n raised an eyebrow. "Unfortunately, I don't have the book with me." Kakashi said giving Tsunami a closed eyed smile.

Y/n snorted . She could pretty easy prove Kakashi was lying, but decided against it. Tazuna would kick them out, if he found out that Y/n just suggested to his daughter to read her sensei an adult novel.

Y/n watched Kakashi with amazement. "Unfortunate indeed." Y/n said with a hint of playfulness. Then, she turned at Tsunami. "Sorry Nee-san, I didn't know sensei didn't have the book with him." She sheepishly said, rubbing the back of her neck.

" It alright." Tsunami smiled at Y/n. "If you need anything just ask." Tsunami said to Kakashi, who nodded. Y/n continued smiled as Tsunami exited the room.

The room was quite. Y/n was still smiling, satisfied with how things went. It also confirmed that sensei could find an excuse under pressure. "What just happened?" asked Tazuna. The old man was confused of why the red haired girl was so nice around his daughter .

Y/n laughed. "Don't worry about it!" she waved her hand. She looked at Kakashi from the corner eye. Kakashi sigh. "Sensei doesn't let us close to his book. So~ I was hoping to get to know the subject of it through your daughter." Y/n explained. It was a lie. She knew the content of it. The reason how it was not important. What she wanted was to put Kakashi in a difficult spot, after what he said when he got caught. Now the jounin will not be able to read anytime soon. The corner of her lips lifted a little upward. The old man nodded, taking it as kids putting their nose when it didn't belong.

And like that, her little fun was over. Naruto set close to her, glad he wasn't the subject of her mischief. Sasuke murmured an "Childish." Under his breath. Y/n shrugged. It might have been childish, but also it was funny that a grown up was put in a spot, by his student, because of a stupid habit.

"Sensei.." Kakashi looked at Sakura who, thank god, didn't yell this time. "What about that boy with the mask?" Sakura asked. All they knew was that he was a hunter-nin. A little more info didn't hurt.

"That's the mask are worn by the Hidden Mist special hunter-nin unit." Y/n hummed. Urging Kakashi to continue. She wanted to know if what she read was true or not. "They are also known as body erasers." Y/n blinked. "They duty is to completely dispose of the body without a trace." Y/n blinked again, trying to erase the bloody image that formed inside her brain. "A ninja's body has within it secrets of the village's ninjutsu." The hunter-nin they encountered had said something about that too. "Information chakra types, herbs and other things that reveal things about the village." Their personal information was connected to their village. "For example if I died in the enemy hands, the secrets of the sharingan could be stolen." Y/n lips were on a thin line. The solution was to not die. "If you don't be careful, there is danger that the enemy will still your jutsu." 'Sais the man that copies his enemy's justu.' "A ninja body can reveal important information. So by killing and disposing of a missing-nins who had abounded their village, the hunter-nin protects the information from getting out. They are the specialists who guard they village's secrets. No smell no sound that's a ninja's end." It was a sad end.

"Scary!" Sakura shrieked. More like cruel. A human being with a purpose to be erased from existence , with no sign they existed in the first place. "So that Zabuza has been chopped up and disposed of."

What didn't sit right with Y/n was that they didn't know that. why the hunter-nin took the body with them was quite sus. She leaned her head into Naruto's shoulders. 'Did they want to get information from Zabuza's body?' Her gut feeling told her something was fishy, but she couldn't put her finger on it.