Chapter 17

"A lot of arrogance, but do you stand a chance?" Naruto, Y/n and Sasuke took their positions.

"What are you doing? Run away!" Y/n gave her sensei a bored look. "This fight was over the moment I was caught!" 'Then you shouldn't have gotten caught in the first place.' Y/n didn't have time to be empathetic with what her sensei was feeling right now. "Our duty is to protect Tazuna! Did you forget about that?" They had left Sakura to deal with that. Y/n, herself was going to keep an eye on them, just in case.

"Old man.." Naruto turned his head to look at Tazuna apologetic. In order to keep him and themselves alive, they needed Kakashi. Even if they left now, Zabuza could very easy find them later.

"Well.." Tazuna head was down. "I guess it all happened because of me.." That was true. "..because of my desire to live, but I am not going to stop you now." Y/n looked at her sensei's with a smirk. Tazuna lifted his head. He was smiling. "Go save your sensei! Fight as much as you want." Y/n opinion on Tazuna changed. 'So he isn't as selfish as he lets out to be!'

" You hear that?" asked Sasuke smirking.

"Yes! I have ears." Y/n rolled her eyes. Sasuke narrowed his eyes at her.

"Are you ready?" Naruto asked. Y/n was ready to take action, but stopped herself from doing anything when Zabuza's clone started laughing like a mad man.

"You guys will never grow up!" Y/n eyebrow twitched at it's statement.

"What?" Naruto shouted.

"Going to keep 'playing' ninja, eh?" Y/n didn't like were this conversation was going. "When I.." his hand twitch. He looked at it. "When I was about your age these hands were already covered in blood." A shiver went down Y/n's back.

"Devil Zabuza." Kakashi spoke. Well, that was a cool nickname, to bad that he was their enemy.

"Ah.. So you have heard about it?" Zabuza asked. Y/n had the urge to set down, her intuition of knowing that a lesson was coming up , was always right.
"Long ago.." Kakashi started. Y/n let a sigh. "In the Hidden mist village, also called the blood mist village.." The name was a suggestion that you should run away from it. "There was a final exam in becoming a ninja." With all that blood mention, it had to do with killing.

"So you knew about that graduation exam?" Zabuza asked. Kakashi was an anbu before becoming a teacher. So knowledge about things like that, might have made their way at him.

"That exam?" Naruto asked. Y/n wished he kept his mouth shut. It was probably something terrible for him that made him turn rogue. "What graduation exam?" Zabuza snickered. "What's the big deal anyway? We had an exam too." They were a different. Every ninja village held different exam that had different purpose.

Zabuza's clone head raise. Y/n didn't like the look on his eyes "Did you have to kill the other students to pass?" Naruto gasped. " Imagine friends, who had trained and eaten in the same tables, until the final exam and they are pinned against each other." Y/n refused imagine that" Kill or be killed. You can't stop until your opponent still breathes." That was a nightmare.. "Friends who had shared your dreams. It was them or you." ..the purpose of which was to raise killing machines.

"So cruel. " Sakura murmured. Y/n agreed, she was a bit shaky because of all that information. The ninja world was cruel.

"10 years ago, the Hidden mist village graduation exam was forced to change." A tradition past down through generate was hard to be changed in the shinobi world. Unless something big happens. "This change came after the previous year. When a dark evil appeared and spread terror." Kakashi explained.