Chapter 3

Y/n looked at Naruto with a neutral face. He was being stubborn turning his head her way, not looking at Iruka-sensei . Y/n frowned.

'Iruka-sensei looks furious.' She sent a pleading look at Naruto. A 'Please don't make it worse' look. Which apparently Naruto couldn't understand. His tilted head on confusion was proof of that.

She gave up and leaned to her chair. "Get ready." She whispered to Shikamaru.

"What a drag!" Shikamaru murmured under his breath. Y/n couldn't agree more.

This time Iruka-sensei started with a loud "Idiot!" To which Y/n furrowed her brows "This isn't the time to be causing trouble!!" He continued his scolding.

'So another time was fine?' That would have been her response . She was itching to say it, but held back. The following words of her sensei got her attention.

"Tomorrow is The Shinobi Academy's graduation exam and you failed it the last time!!" Y/n had forgotten about it. Last time she wasn't able to attend. More she was to drained emotionally and to tired physically to even think to get out of her room. Let alone pass an exam and bond with new people, a.k.a teammates and new sensei.

Naruto let out a low "Whatever..." His chin lowered, to prevent others to see how hurt he truly felt.

Y/n wanted to punch Iruka at that moment. Naruto was irresponsible, but he had a dream. And this stupid exam was another obstacle for Naruto to pass and move towards that dream. What she couldn't understand about her best friend was, why he didn't accept her help. He never trained with her. They did show each other techniques they learned occasionally.

Iruka sensei turned his posture towards the class. 'Oh, he looks so angry right now!'
If he was angered by Naruto, the whole class suffered. 'Can't wait to graduate.' She wanted to get out of there.

"Today we will be reviewing the Art of Transformation." Iruka-sensei announce. That wasn't that bad.

The other students thought otherwise, letting a " What?" In choir.

"Transform perfectly into me." She wanted to call him a narcissist so bad, but he was mad, so she decided to spare her ears any possible damage, if Sakura hadn't achieved that yet with her yelling.

The first thing Y/n did was free Naruto. She jokingly played with her kunai in front of his face. Just to scare him a little. She hadn't forgotten that he had abandoned her without a word this morning. Being satisfied with the pale look on his face, she cut him free.

Y/n lined up next to Naruto. Her hand got a hold of his. Their eyes meet. It was clear as day that he was going to use that jutsu. She rolled her eyes, a snort left her throat. 'Poor Iruka-sensei.' Blood is going to be shed.

Her predicament was proved right after Naruto's name was called. Iruka-sensei head was thrown back, blood licking from his nose. Were Naruto stood, was a naked blonde female , with whisked on her face. Y/n couldn't held her laughter. 'Another pervert is down.'

Naruto laughed as well. " I call this 'Sexy no jutsu.'" Y/n nodded her head. It was great against perverts. Every man was a pervert, but..

"You moron!!" And Iruka sensei was back at it again. "Don't invent stupid skills." It was not that stupid, but useless against bloodthirsty ninjas.

It was her turn after Naruto. She did the transformation without any delay. That at least would make Iruka's blood boil, calm down a bit.

She responded her sensei compliment with a bright smile. It would be more helpful if he told her what she could do better. ' Be grateful for what you get, I guess.' She set down next to Shikamaru.

She wasn't power hungry, but wanted to be a great ninja. One that could bring her teammates home alive. That could finish missions without delay. And why not one day have a cozy home with a healthy family.

She shook her head. 'Time to focus on the present.' Thought that was the problem. 'Present is boring.' She put her face on her arms and fell asleep.

When she woke up, Naruto wasn't there. Iruka-sensei had dragged him to clear the mess he made on Hokage's mountains.

Y/n made her way to the training ground she frequently used. Taking passion, focusing on her chakra, she moved her hands. The plan was to go through all the techniques she knew.

By the time the sun was going down Y/n was tired and hungry. Her breath was heavy. She let her budy fall on the grass. Trying to calm herself. Debating if she should even move her aching body to go eat something, probably ramen, or just sleep there.

It was her stomach that gave the answer. It's growling, making a fair point. Y/n couldn't take an exam with empty stomach. Her chakra storage was drained. She might have killed herself if it wasn't for the pills she got with her.

Y/n forced her body to move. She had done this before too. Physical pain wasn't that uncomfortable. Her pace was slow. Enjoying the glowing streets of the Konohagakure ( Hidden Leaf village).

When she was close to Ichiraku ramen her ears caught familiar voices. It made her smile how close Iruka-sensei and Naruto had gotten.

Y/n entered the shop. Naruto was begging for Iruka's forehand protection. "Oh, this?" They hadn't noticed her. "No, no. This is the symbol after you graduate." She took a seat next to Iruka."This is a simbol that you come of age." Teichi, the owner of the shop, noticed her. Quickly she made a shush sign and gestured at Naruto bowl. The owner winked and went to make her order ready. "Maybe you'll get one tomorrow." Deciding she was being ignored for too long, she butted in.

"And then you can finally leave that boring Academy." Startled Iruka fall from his chair. Naruto looked at her with wide eye.

"How long have you been there?" Why was Naruto even surprised. He knew she could cancel her presence pretty well.

"A while." She wanted to eat something and not start a rant on how much he needed to improve. There was Iruka sensei for that after all.

As if hearing her stomach prayers a boll of warm ramen was put in front of her. She dig in after saying a grateful "Thanks" to the polite old man.

Y/n did feel Iruka's gaze, examining the small cuts and bruises while she gulped the noodles down. She was one of his promising students, but he had noticed she didn't pay much attention during class like Naruto, sleeping the lesson off, much like Shikamaru. The difference was that her perfect scores had been a pleasant surprise. On Iruka's other side Naruto had ordered another bowl of ramen.

"Y/n." Her name came soft out of her sensei's lips. "The Academy isn't boring." Maybe she should have kept that thought to herself. "The lessons you get there are needed for when you become a full fledged shinobi." What else came out of his mouth were bla bla bla for Y/n's brain.

"You are right sensei." She interrupted him, when she finished her bowl. "That's another reason.." she pointed at him. "..why I can't wait to graduate." Naruto snorted. Iruka should work in his teaching methods.

Before Iruka could begin his angry rant, Y/n disappeared. Leaving behind leafs and the money to pay for her ramen.

Hope you enjoyed!