Chapter 21

“TREE CLAIMING?!” her teammates looked a little disappointed. It did  sound dumb for a ninja training routine.

“Yeah..” Y/n started to have flashbacks. It was like the Academy all over again. When Iruka-sensei announced they had in schedule an exercise Y/n knew with eyes closed, as a result of her father's training.

“What kind of training is that?” Sakura asked skeptically. On another side, Y/n was going to have fun watching her teammates struggle and fail a couple of times. Y/n smirked at the idea.

“This isn’t normal tree climbing.” ‘They will wish it was that easy.’ “You will climb without using your hands.” Y/n wondered if her father had told  Kakashi anything about her ninja training she have had. He was quite vocal about  his little girl achievements and a lot embarrassing on Y/n’s opinion. If he had, Kakashi didn’t gave anything out.

“How?” Sakura asked confused. Naruto found the idea exciting.

“Watch.” They watched as Kakashi focused his chakra on his feet. They watched their sensei make his way to a tree and started walking om it in a slow pace.

Y/n’s attention turned to her teammates, who looked surprised. “He’s climbing.. “ Naruto commented, as Kakashi climbed the tree trunk.

“..Vertically ..using only his legs.” Sakura continued.  ‘Of course they will be surprised.’ She had been too  At the time her a-couple-of-months-turning 6 years old self had been left gaping, seeing her father make his way up a tree.

“And his crutches.” Y/n felt necessary to mention them. Kakashi stopped,  standing upside down on the branch of the tree. “You would have looked cooler, if it weren’t for those, sensei.” Y/n pointed out. Humor noticeable on her voice. Kakashi ignored her.

“You understand now?” Kakashi asked. It must’ve been a rhetorical question, because he didn’t stop for an answer. “Gather your chakra in the bottom of your feet and climb the tree.” Kakashi gave them a closed eye smile. “This is something you can achieve once you can use your chakra well.” Y/n eyebrows rose in amazement. He had given them a clue.

Her dear father hadn’t said her anything of that sort. “Try to figure it out yourself, princess.” He had encouraged her and it hadn’t helped. The next day he had to save her from a falling tree, whose trunk had been smashed as a result of a lot of chakra being gathered on the little red haired feet, because she was frustrated at not getting  it right.

“WAIT A MINUTE! HOW IS LEARNING TO CLIMB A TREE GOING TO MAKE US STRONGER?!” Y/n facepalmed at Sakura’s  stupidity. They had discussed that earlier on what this training was all about. Like a couple minutes ago.

“The purpose of this training is..” Y/n sat on the ground, with her legs crossed. She send a smile Kakashi’s way to continue his explanation. When they were fighting Zabuza, she needed to be on guard, but now she had the commodity to make herself comfortable. “..First, to teach you to control chakra, to bring the proper amount at the proper area.” Y/n nodded, familiar with the purpose of this training. “As I said earlier, this is the most important aspect when using jutsu. This can be difficult even for a skilled ninja.” Y/n blinked.

‘..But I was about 6 and mastered it in a week.’ A tiring week, but  she had made it, without paying attention to her desperate father, who was trying desperately yelling at her to listen to him. He had freaked out after the incident and tried to correct his mistake and give his stubborn daughter some advices, which she paid no mind to. Persistent on achieving the results on her own.

“The amount of chakra needed is small, but need to be exact. And it’s said that the bottom of the feet is the most difficult area to gather chakra.” Y/n nodded her head in agreement. It had been a nightmare to keep the chakra there in the beginning.
“So basically if you learn this control, you should be able to master any jutsu . Theoretically..” Y/n disagreed and agreed with this statement at the same time. It was because of it that Y/n could maintain and gather chakra like in her fight with Kakashi. However too master a jutsu, it depended how much you trained and the type of the chakra nature. Some chakra natures like lightning for example were difficult to keep at bay. “The second thing is for you to develop the stamina needed to control chakra needed.” Y/n looked away. Sometimes her chakra would respond to her emotions. It didn't matter how much control or how much she calculated to use, it just slipped out and it did tire her. Why that happened Y/n didn't know. It was a mystery yet to be solved.
“Depending on the jutsu, controlling your chakra properly, can be very difficult.” It is in the beginning but then it becomes part of you with time. “And a ninja will be usually gathering his chakra during battle constantly moving. These type of situations make controlling chakra even more difficult.” Y/n didn’t know what she did to deserve the hard glaring, Sasuke was giving her.
“ That’s why, from this tree climbing, you must gain the stamina needed for proper control. Well.. “ Kakashi put his hand in his pocket, taking something from there.
“..me taking all day isn’t going to accomplish anything.” Y/n grinned. ‘That’s what I wanted to hear all along.’ She jumped on her feet when her eyes caught something shining come out of Kakashi’s pocket.
“This is something you have to learn by yourself.” He through four kunais right in front of them, right after he finished that sentence.
“Use these kunais to mark how high you make it up the tree.” Kakashi instructed.
“Then use that mark as your goal and try to surpass it.” Y/n took the kunai off the ground.
“You guys won’t be good enough to just walk up the tree at first.” Y/n played with her kunai, rotating it around her finger.
“Get some momentum and try running up the tree.” He was a good teacher. At least better than her father.

“THIS TRAINING IS NOTHING TO ME.” Naruto confidently state. ”I could do it before breakfast.” Y/n rolled her eyes. “CAUSE I’M MOST IMPROVED.” Y/n took a mental note to not compliment Naruto more then necessary.

“You just have to prove that, Na~ru~to~.” Y/n purred Naruto’s name in a challenging, but sweet tone. She watched him froze, his cheeks turning pink as he faced her afterward with a grin.

“Believe it.” He declared confidently. Y/n shook her head, bur her smile didn’t go away. She believed he could make it, not in his first try or until morning or a couple of days, but that didn’t stop her to admire his determination.

“Why don’t you stop bragging?” Kakashi scolded Naruto. “Pick a tree and start climbing it.” Their sensei’s patience had run up. He had had a lot to explain to them, his patience was running short.

Y/n put her hands together. “Chakra feet!” she called out off  nowhere and closed her eyes . She heard a snort from where Naruto was standing. From the other side she could feel the weirded out stares of Sakura and Sasuke. Y/n tried to hide the smirk that was fighting to  form on her lips  ‘PokerfacePokerfacePokerface…’ she chanted on her head.

“HERE I GO!” Naruto let out a battle cry as the four of them run toward a tree of their choice. Naruto was also the first to fail . Y/n  heard a painful “OUCH!” come from him.  Sasuke was next.  Different from her blonde friend, Sasuke's tree trunk made a cracking noise. Those occurrences were familiar to Y/n, it had happened to her as well. She smiled nostalgically as she continued to run towards the top.

“This is pretty easy!” This scenario hadn’t crossed Y/n mind, mostly because she preferred not to think much about her pink haired teammate.

“SAKURA-chan!” Naruto called surprised. Y/n didn’t understand why Naruto put Sakura in such high regard. It let a bittersweet taste in her mouth, when he spoke about the pink haired. ‘Maybe is because she treats him badly.’ Which in Y/n book was a big deal.

“It looks like the best at controlling chakra right now is Sakura.” Kakashi said. Y/n rolled her eyes.

“WOW!YOU ARE GREAT SAKURA!” Naruto complimented. Sakura head hung down in disappointment, she clearly wanted a compliment from Sasuke.

“Wow! Not only does she know about chakra, but her control and stamina are quite good. As of now..” Kakashi gave a closed eye smile. “.. Sakura is closest to Hokage unlike a certain someone.” Thank goodness that was not true. The day Sakura became Hokage, was the day Y/n will become a missing-nin. “I guess Uchiha clan isn’t worth much either.” Kakashi  was trolling and Y/n loved it.

“SHUT UP SENSEI!” Sakura yelled in distress at his last statement, clearly not wanting to make Sasuke mad at her.

Y/n watched, standing upside down like Kakashi, the boys in thought.  Taking the kunai between her fingers she threw it where Sasuke and Naruto were standing. The boys were startled as they stared at the kunai. “Come on you little babies..” they lifted their heads to look at her. Sasuke narrowed his eyes. “.. what are you waiting for?” Y/n put  her hands on her hip. “ The tree is not going to climb itself.” Y/n looked at Naruto who had his eyes closed, focusing his chakra at the bottom of his feet. When he opened them the determination flared fire in his eyes.  

He gave her a nod  and run  straight at the tree in front of him. Sasuke did the same running at the same tree he had marked before. Y/n wondered why he was mad at her.

“Sakura,  stop sitting there and start over.” Kakashi ordered as he kept an eye on Naruto and Sasuke, who were the only ones moving up and falling down their respective trees.

“But Kakashi-sensei..” Kakashi gave her a stern look, which let no place for arguing. Sakura sighed and stared to climb down, carefully.

“That means you too, Y/n.” The said red haired girl, put her hand on her forehead.

“Aye sir!” She saluted as stopped her chakra to flow at her feet. Someone gasped, someone's eyes were widened, Naruto had yelled her name,   fear heard in his voice.

Everyone watched her free fall headfirst towards the ground.

Hope you enjoyed!