Chapter 4

This is a little sad. I teared up a little writing this.🥺
~~●~~●~~●~~●~~●~~

The next morning Y/n woke up before Naruto showed up. She hadn't slept well all night. Her thoughts kept her mind busy. She was worried, not for herself, but for Naruto.

What the exam is, was kept a mystery. Y/n had gone through everything that they had learned into the Academy. She was one ten billion percent sure she was going to pass.

Naruto on the other hand couldn't pass it the two previous ones. Y/n didn't want to see his sad expression or leave him behind. Unfortunate she couldn't do anything about it, but pry it was different this time.

When Naruto entered from her bedroom window this time, he found his best friend exiting her bathroom.

"Good morning, Y/n!" He greeted smiling brightly at her. She smiled at him. Moving closer, she pulled him into a hug. Her arms around his neck.

"Good morning, Naruto!" She greeted back. Naruto's arms wrapped awkwardly around her waist. The poor boy cheeks were flaming with embarrassment. He felt warm all over his body.

All his childhood, Naruto got the most of physical comfort from the red haired girl that was now in his arms. They would hold hands, kiss on the cheek, side hug each other and even cuddle when they had a bad day. Each of those times Naruto felt like his heart was going to bust out, or feel calm enough for his worries to fly out of the window.

When they let go, they felt to loss of warmth. Both smile at each other, fingers intertwined.

"Ready to take down that exam, future Hokage?" She asked.

Naruto laughed and nodded. "Believe it!" It was weird that those simple words made her believe him above all her doubts. "But not without eating breakfast." He let go of her and run towards her kitchen.

She laughed at him and followed suit.

They were seated as usual. The atmosphere was tense. All of them wanting to know what the exam was.
When Iruka-sensei entered the classroom, everyone's eyes and ears were on him.

"For your final exam you must perform 'Bunshin no jutsu'!" He caught right to the chase. Y/n head turned to were Naruto was seating. His chin was in the desk. He was in trouble. "When you are called come to the next room!" Y/n knew the jutsu pretty well, Naruto in the other hand.

Y/n shook the negative thoughts out of her head. Naruto's name was called. She gave him an encouraging smile, mouthing 'you can do it!', to which he smiled back.

Y/n thought she was patient, but this was nerve-racking. When her name was called, she past through the door fast. Iruka-sensei and his assistant Misuki-senei looked at her in shock. 'Did she teleport?' That was the question on their mind.
Y/n performed the jutsu. Four identic clones joined her. Both the teachers congratulated her. While Iruka-sensei went to collect the last student, Y/n selected a forehead protector.

"Congratulations, Y/n!" Misuki congratulated for the second time. Y/n only hummed. Waking towards the door, wanting to be far away from this dude. He gave her bad vibes." So sad Naruto couldn't make it." She stopped. If he said anything else she was going to kill him. The pity on his voice was disgusting. "I tried to convince Iruka-sensei to let him pass but.." Y/n blood was boiling.