Chapter 7

Y/n woke up refreshed and ready for whatever the universe was going to throw at her.

Naruto was energetic as well. Yesterday he had bonded with Konohamaru. Y/n wished she was there when Naruto defeated Ebizu, just to see her idea in action. The fusion between 'Bushin no jutsu' and 'Sexy jutsu' , the 'Harem Jutsu' Naruto calls it, turned out a success.

Naruto made sure to show off his forehead protector. It remained Y/n not to forget her own. Y/n smiled fondly at Naruto's behaviour. Only she could see how much Naruto wanted to graduate, and she felt proud for him.

Y/n was hoping to sit with Naruto, since it was the last day and all. Their time together would be limited since their priorities will be their teammates, and training sessions, the long missions and the time healing on the hospital.

And here was Naruto setting on with Sasuke.

As much as she loved Naruto, her sanity was important. Y/n refused to deal with Sakura today. Ino and her had gone through that conversation already, long ago. She was one hundred percent sure Sakura won't believe if she said "I am not interested in Sasuke." In any guy for that matter.

So she said "hello" to Sasuke, who earned a glare from Naruto, when he responded with a hum, and set with Hinata.

The girls greeted each other with a smile.
"Are you nervous, today?" Hinata asked in a low voice, playing with her own fingers.

Y/n eyed the classroom. Noticing some familiar faces. "A little." She smiled "I do not know the most of the people here, and there are some that I don't want to be teaming with. " Sakura's voice boomed into the classroom. "Like that one." Y/n dramatically let her back weight on Hinata's side. The other girl only giggled.

Y/n watched Sakura shove down Naruto's face into the wooden seat. Y/n turned in the other side, stating a conversation with the shy girl. Sakura was insufferable, but if she intervene, Naruto would protect Sakura. 'Stupid Naruto.'

"You like N-Naruto, don't you?" Hinata asked softly.

Y/n nodded. "He is my friend."

"B-But you like him more than that, don't you?" Y/n froze. Her mouth opened, but closed. She stared at Hinata. Y/n didn't know how to answer that. Never had she thought about what her feelings towards the blonde knucklehead truly meant.

Hinata gasped. Y/n raised an eyebrow in confusion, then followed Hinata's gaze. Naruto and Sasuke were kissing. Y/n lips paused in a thin line, torn between asking 'how the hell that happened' or laugh at the look on their face. She decided the latest.

She had to stop when angry Sakura went towards Naruto. Y/n moved fast, her hand had a tight hold on the pink haired girl wrist. "Don't you dare hit him!" She threatened Sakura. Sakura had tears on her eyes, because of the pain the red haired was causing to her wrist, but refused to let them go.

Naruto set up from the ground. He had fallen in his butt ,when Y/n had shoved him away from the angry pink haired. "Y/n, please let her go." And she did as Naruto asked, still a frown on her face. "You didn't have to do that." Naruto ruffled the hair on the back of his head awkwardly.

Her protective behaviour always showed when Naruto got bullied. Y/n flickered the blondes forehead and went back to her seat. Hinata gave her a knowing look, which she just ignored.

It was not time for that now. Maybe later, she was going to think about it, if she remembered.

Iruka-sensei entered the class. "Starting today, all of you are real shinobi.." Y/n was excited but not enough to listen Iruka-sensei's long speech.
"..But you are still genin.." A.k.a weak . ".. the hard journey that lies ahead has just started." Y/n nodded.
"Now you will soon get mission to help the village." Y/n eyes light up.
"So today we will create the three men team." Y/n wanted bad to know which team she was in.
"Actually one of them is going to be four." It made sense or one of them would be alone, without a team.
"And which of those terms will have a jounin sensei.." Y/n couldn't wait.. "..You will follow your sensei instructions.." ..for Iruka to finish. "..In order to successfully compete your missions."

'And not die.' Y/n thought he should have said that. After all, this wasn't a child game, their life were on the line.

Iruka-sensei started calling names. Y/n paid attention to every name that came out of his mouth. A rare site since she never paid much attention in class. Y/n wanted to know who she was going to be paired with to start to bond and share techniques, and strategies, and train...

And finally the moment she had been waiting for, her name was called. Together with Sasuke, Naruto and ,the person she didn't wanted to have any contact with, Sakura.

Y/n banged her forehead hard into the table. Naruto was complaining about having Sasuke in the team, but Y/n didn't care. If this was a joke, Iruka-sensei should say sike right now. If it was a dream, she should wake up right now and end this nightmare.

Unfortunate for her none of them happened. Iruka told them, they would meet their sensei on the afternoon and her forehead hurted.

Hinata was trying to comfort the sulking Y/n, by patting her back. The others had gone to eat lunch.
"The universe doesn't like me, Hinata." Y/n complained. "All I wanted was a normal team, with people that want to be great ninja." Her big problem was Sakura. "But I have to deal with a fangirl that might kill Me, because She thinks I will still her man!" she ended her rant with a frustrated ."Ugh!"

"N-naruto is with you at least." Y/n sight.

"Yes! I am happy about that." Hinata smiled. " And I think I can work with Sasuke too." She turned to Hinata. "How in hell am I supposed to work with Sakura?" Hinata opened her mouth, but closed it.

"You will find a way." The girls turned towards the voice. Shino was there. Kiba behind him, hiding Akamaru in his shirt, the whine's of which brought a smile on Y/n's lips.

"Thanks, Shino!" Shino nodded. "Oh right." She looked from Shino to Hinata. "You guys are teammates!" Kiba cleared his throat. "Kiba! I didn't see you there!" She faked surprise. Kiba growled. "I will leave you guy to get to know each other." She gave Hinata a hug, and Shino a wave and disappeared. Y/n wasn't going to be nice with Kiba, if he hides Akamaru from her.

Y/n found Sasuke and Sakura alone. "You're annoying!" Said Sasuke. Y/n agreed, but a long suffering sigh. 'What a great start!' She rolled her eyes at her own sarcasm, and decided it was for the best if her teacher was to deal with bringing them together.

She felt bad for whoever that jounin was.

☆◇☆
Hope you enjoyed!