Chapter 15

The sword stuck on a tree. 'That's a nice sword!' There was a shinobi, a very dangerous shinobi standing on top of it. Y/n stood behind Kakashi, her daggers on hand ready for any attack.

"Well.. well.. If it isn't the Hidden Mist's missing-nin, Zabuza Momochi." Missing ninja were ninjas that had abandoned their country. They would do thing that go against their land law or were against their own country in general. Most of them were bad news and this one was no exception.

Y/n didn't know what was going though Naruto's mind and wasn't sure if she wanted to know, because it was probably something stupid. Only an idiot would think to jumped into his instant death. Thankfully Kakashi stopped him, Y/n's lips were pressed into a thin line, the word 'Idiot' repeating inside her head.

"Everyone stand back. This one is on another level." His hand were on the forehead protector that was covering his eye. Y/n had guessed it was because of a nasty wound that had ended up blinding his eye. " It will be a little tough unless I do this." If it was taught for him that meant it was impossible for them.

"You appear to be sharingan Kakashi. Sorry, but the old man is mine." It wasn't shocking that he was after Tazuna.

What caught Y/n off guard was the mention of her sensei's sharingan. 'Is he an Uchiha's secret love child?' Y/n had heard of Kakashi's father, but the only thing she knew of his mother was that she died from a disease, when Kakashi was young.

"Surround and protect Tazuna." That was their mission's purpose.
"Do not enter the fight." Y/n wasn't going to interfere. There was a jounin fight about to happen and she wanted to see how it play out, but..
"That's the teamwork I taught you about." ..she wasn't going to stay sitting around if Kakashi needed help. "Zabuza! First.." Kakashi lifted his forehead protector showing his sharingan.
"..fight me." Y/n started at his back, ready to take action.

"Ah. I already get to see the famous sharingan. I am honoured." It was a rare sight. There were two Uchiha that were alive and one of them had yet to activate his. 'I should ask Kakashi sensei to perform some kind of genjutsi on me later.' She was curious.

"Sharingan! Sharingan! What the hell is that" As per usual Naruto had no idea. This time Sasuke did the explanation, while there was an enemy that they should be focusing on.

"It is said that some have the ability in their eyes to read and defeat all types of genjutsu, taijutsu and ninjutsu." That was a huge handicap in battle. "The sharingan is one of the types of pupil that gives you this power." Y/n wished she had inherited that from her grandfather.

"What's even scarier is that you can copy your opponent's techniques once you see them." Zabuza said not looking fazed at all.
"When I was a member of the Headen Mist's assassin team.." Their enemy was a trained assassin 'Great! Could this get any worse?' There was mist starting to form. Y/n sigh.
"..I kept a handbook." The mist was filled with chakra and that messed her detection skill pretty bad.
"It included information of you. And this is what it said: the man, who has copied over 1000 jutsu... 'Copy ninja Kakashi'." Y/n kept her face neutral. As much as she wanted to grin and say something about her sensei awesomeness, she needed to keep her cool, while Sakura and Naruto did the opposite.

Zabuza changed his posture. He looked like a cat ready to pounce. "Now, let's end all the talking." Their conversation had gone to long.
"I have to kill the old man." It was time for action.

Y/n, Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura jumped in font of the old man. Kakashi stayed infront of them. "But Kakashi it seems I have to beat you first." Zabuza acknowledged him as an obstacle. Taking his sword out of the wood, he landed on top of the water.

"Over there!!" Naruto pointed out.

"And on top of the water!" Sakura voiced surprise.

Y/n's eyes followed Zabuza every move. He was releasing a high amount of chakra that was slowly creating thick mist around them. 'Damn it.' Y/n concentrate her senses into the form of a circle around her teammates and Tazuna. 'You're in your own for now sensei.' Zabuza vanished into the mist.

"He is gone!" Again Sakura pointed out the obvious. "Who is he?" Sakura asked. 'Didn't she hear what was said before?'

"Zabuza Momochi." Y/n was going to remember that name. "As an assassin for the Hidden Mist, he was known as an expert in silent killing technique." Kakashi said. "He'll come after me first." Y/n tightened her grip into her daggers. Killing the strongest in a team then going after the weak members was a smart strategy.

"Silent killing techniques!?" Naruto asked. Y/n found it's name self explanatory.

"As the name suggests it. You don't even notice until you're already dead." That wasn't so bad in Y/n opinion. "It's not like I can use the sharingan perfectly. You guys be careful." He didn't have to say it twice. Y/n instincts were telling her that, since she first laid her eyes on Zabuza.

"The mist is getting thicker!" Naruto yelled. Y/n clench her jaw. This mist was annoying. They couldn't see Kakashi anymore. All Y/n sensed was a sea of chakra surrounding them.

"8 choices." Zabuza voice was heard. He was somewhere into the mist, she couldn't pinpoint him. 'How much I want to have Kiba's nose right now!' Trying to find him by chakra or sound was useless. "Liver, lungs, spine, subclavian artery, neck, brain, kidneys, heart." Zabuza listed all the key points in a human body. His next question made Y/n shiver. "Which one should I go first?" Everyone was silent.

Y/n raised her head together with her dagger, her other hand was positioned to cover the blind spot the action opened. "Whichever is painless." She didn't want a painful death. Her teammates glared at her, the message of which was to shut up. Naruto's eyes were begging her to not say something like that ever again. Y/n shrugged her shoulders, while Zabuza's laugh echoed inside the mist.

Kakashi used the moment of the silence later, to release his chakra, the intensity of which cleared the mist between them. Y/n licked her upper lip.

It was not a nervous tic.

>~<
Hope you enjoyed!