When All You Have Is Gone (Daisuga sad)

🖤🖤Author: Hello, so this one-shot is hmmm well, is sad..🖤🖤
⚠️trigger warning for death, Alcohol use, and thoughts of suicide⚠️

Suga stood silently, the wind brushing against his face as it blew past him, causing the bottom of his untucked shirt to flutter. A tear ran down his cheek as he laid the Bouquet of Lillies he had down atop the stone grave marker that read (Daichi Sawamura.)
His chest hurt as he struggled to swallow the lump in his throat. These last five months felt longer than a lifetime.

His sadness turned to anger and hatred. Anger at the officer who had not responded to Daichi's call for backup, hatred for the criminal who had shot him, and sadness for the loss of his love. Every bone in his body ached as he knelt down on his knees and rested his head on the gravestone, the coolness of the stone easing some of the tension he felt in his temples.

"Why did the world have to take you from me," Suga's tears fell to the ground and sank into the earth beneath him. He felt his mouth get dry and pulled out the flask of brandy he kept in his pocket, with his and Daichi's wedding anniversary engraved on the side.
"You were mine," he felt his throat get tight as he attempted to choke down his tears.

"Koushi..." For a second, it sounded like Daichi's voice. He cocked his head around, hoping he would see the love of his life standing behind him; unfortunately, all he found was an empty cemetery.
He laughed to himself, realizing he had finally lost his mind. He stood up, his legs wobbly, while his body felt warm from the brandy as his head became dazed with an alcohol-fueled fog. He stumbled to the entrance of the graveyard, using a few headstones to aid him. He looked out to the parking lot; his vision blurred as he looked for where he had parked his car.

"Screw it," his words slurred as he spoke under his breath and continued to wobble his way to the sidewalk. He stuck the flask back into his pocket and tried to act sober as he came to a crosswalk where a woman with a baby in a stroller was also waiting to cross the street. He felt like a lightning bolt had struck him through the chest as the baby cooed and smiled a tiny smile up at him. The memory of him and Daichi getting approved to adopt just the day before he was murdered flashed over and over in his head.

Suddenly he could no longer stay upright as he collapsed to the ground; the world around him was spinning, and he could feel his heart pounding in his chest.  He felt a gentle hand on his shoulder as a calm and concerned voice pierced his ears.

"Sir... Sir, are you alright? Do you want me to call someone for you?" He opened his eyes for a short and brief second to see the woman who had the baby kneeling beside him.

"I want Daichi," those were the only words that he could mutter.

"Daichi? Do you have his number?" the lady's voice was gentle and made Him feel a sense of safety.

"N..no, here, call Kiyoko," she managed to say and get his phone out of his pocket.

"Okay, will you be okay for a second while I stand up to make the call?" Suga shook his head, afraid that if the women left him that he wouldn't make it out of this alive.

"Okay, I'll stay right here," Suga listened to her as she made the call to his seat friend, the only one he had kept in contact with since everything had happened.

"She says she will be here in a few minutes," Suga nodded and felt his brain shaking in his skull.
"I need you to stay awake, okay? Can you tell me your name?"

"Sugawara," he could hear his own words... He had used his previous last name. His heart ached, thinking that he had committed an unforgivable. 
"Sawamura Koushi," he corrected himself.