Chapter 7-Understanding the Other

Its been about an week ever since you landed at Toad Tower and ever since you first encountered Grime.

Things did somewhat get better for you, not in the sense that you are in a different cell with better conditions, but in the sense that you just got used to how things are here.

Getting used to the fact there is no Toilet, or that there is no bed.

And your Taste buds are getting used to the food being served to you here.

Also, the Toads who served you the food, were the biggest sweethearts that are in this Tower, Percy and Braddock.

You had no Idea how they managed to land here at a place full of brutes.

So yeah, despite the harsh circumstances you were doing decent.

You even managed to convince a Toad that was supposed to interrogate you to quit their Job.

You felt good about that. Wanting to know what Grime would think about that.

Just as you thought about that, the Door slams open.

It was Grime himself.

"Hello!"
You greeted him, sounding cheerful.
Even if you weren't really in that mood.

"Would you mind explaining to me why you convinced Burt to quit their job here?"

He questioned, not wasting any time by greeting you.

You were quite a bit surprised that Grime used Burt's correct Pronouns.

Maybe there was redemption for him after all.

"Well, they told me how much they hated their job here and I just told them that there are plenty of other ways they could live."

Grime didn't look too pleased.

"Because of you I lost one of the best soldiers of this army."
He raised his tone, but not enough to to intimidate you.

"Well maybe if you would treat your troops better, it wouldn't be this easy to convince them to desert."

Grime looked offended.

"Don't tell me how to treat my Soldiers! I teach them Discipline and train them to be the best of the best!"

"Yeah sure.."
You whispered, quiet enough for him to not hear it.

"But thats not why im Here-"

"Why are you here then?"
You interrupted him.

He looked at you annoyed.

"Dont interrupt me!"
He yelled, in anger.

"Geez fine"
You answered.

You the one who is reading this may wonder where your fear of grime went that you the character got at the end of the last chapter.

Its simple, you compared Grime to your Father and found them quite similar.  Since you weren't scared  of your Father, you weren't scared of someone you found Similar to him.

"Go ask your questions."
You commented a bit annoyed.

"This United states nation you mentioned, how big is its army?"
You began to smile and let out a small chuckle.

"Oh it has way more Soldiers than your little Tower can handle."
You scoffed

"Please im sure we can handle whatever army you have..."
He answered smugly.

"You sure? You think you could deal with about 1 Million Soldiers."

The Captain widened his eyes, or... Eye.