Chapter 18-The Dinner

A/N:Wassup Bitches? IM BACK FROM VACATION! In the Time I was gone we reached 8K Reads and 246 Votes! THATS INSANE! Thank you all so much!

Although we did drop in the Rating a lot since I couldn't be active during that Time, but eh it is what is.

ENJOY!

The Scene opens with you and Grime in a room, of a house you were allowed to stay in.

You and Grime were putting one some nice  clothes for the planned Dinner with the Plantars and the Girls. Your mood wasn't necessarily the best since you were a bit nervous. Not because of the Dinner itself but because of something else.

Grime of course notices.

"Y/N."
You looked up from the ground to face him. You weren't entirely sure why you were staring at the ground.

"Yeah?"
You answer him, putting a hand on your chin.

"You clearly are nervous."

"I'm no-"

"Don't every try, I can read you like a book now."
He said, interrupting you.

"Fine, iam nervous but not because of the Dinner."
Grime raised a non existing brow.

"What exactly is it then?"
He asked, finishing his Tie.

"Well... it has to do with Marcy."
You said, embarrassed, putting a hand on your neck.

Grime rushed to you and sat down bedside you.

"Do tell me."
You were surprised at his sudden change of tone and him rushing towards the couch.

"Well, you see I been thinking on.."
You began blushing.

"Yeees?"
He questioned, intrigued.

"On asking Marcy out to a Date."
You finally finished.

Grime gasped, putting his hands on his cheeks.
You raised a brow.

"Oh my Frog, this reminds me of when I was your age."
He said, sounding, weirdly happy.

"What do you mean?"
You asked him, intrigued on learning more.

Grime looked happy that he could tell you this story.

"Many, Many years ago, when I was still a young Toad and was still nothing but a private in Toad Tower, before i even lost my eye, I was very popular with the Toads there."

You remained quiet, listening to him.

"However once the Day came where I did loose my eye during that sword lesson I told you about, my popularity pretty much instantly declined. Everyone only liked me because of my looks."

You looked at Grime with sympathy, you felt bad for him.

„Except for one Toad, his name was Bud. He did not care for how I looked, all he cared about was what kind of Toad I was from the Inside."

You looked intrigued. He? Does that mean what you think it does? You had to continue listening to find out.

„He always encouraged me to keep going, and to not give up on my Dream of becoming the next Captain of the Tower."

You began smiling, grime didn't notice your growing shit eating smile.

„Which is why I uh... may or may not have developedacrushonhim back then."

He whispered the last part out quietly but you still understood every single bit.

You let out a squeal of excitement.