Cleril

This ship is not exactly the greatest ship in all Pyrrhia.  OK, before you yell at me, hear me out. Clay trusts her, but Peril... Peril doesn't really take him and his friends into her perspective, and does what SHE think is what is best for Clay, not what he wants to do for himself. Peril is willing to kill a dragon for Clay, and, like I said, doesn't take his friends into consideration.  That went on to the point when Clay needed to argue for her help, and that's not a healthy ship. Also, is it just me, or is it one-sided?

We never get to see what Clay thinks of Peril, which is driven to the point where Qibli had to point it out in Talons of Power, book 8.  And it never came to anything. Also, Clay seemed uncomfortable near Peril for the first few chapter. 

Proof: "You're blazing" He realized she was looking at him hopefully. "You're... blazing too?" Peril grinned, sharp white teeth flashed in the moonlight. "That's what Her Majesty says. she says she likes me the way I am and nobody else ever has. Until you. Yikes, Clay thought. He wasn't sure he DID like her the way she was. Or that he wanted to be best friends with a dragon who was planning to kill him eventually. 

But then the next paragraph is about how he understood her, so I'll give points for that. And I can understand how Peril was trapped in Scarlet's claws for so long, with a condition she never asked for.

So, there are positive sides to this ship, so let's look into it:

Positive:   I like the style Tui writes for Cleril, as in Clay meets her and sees that she is not a very bad dragon, and is willing to give her a second chances. I also understand that Peril doesn't have a lot of social skills. Also, in the comments, someone wrote a essay (very amazing and detailed, btw, and it made me like Cleril a little better ) about how they lived with the same treatment, and with grumpy manipulative SkyWings and were abused. And Peril can touch Clay, plus, she DID save Clay's live, so, another throng of points.

Negative: Oh gee, where do I start? Sorry, Cleril shippers, that sounded darker than I expected. Ok. So. Peril is kind of... urm- to obsessive about Clay. Her thoughts get very annoying and grows me irritated. I know she has a huge crush on Clay, but, Tsunami has a thing with Riptide and isn't that obnoxious   Same with Sunlow, and Glorybringer, and Sunnyflight and most ships in Wings of Fire except Starspeaker, or Blue thinking about Cricket.  

Clay standing up for her doesn't seem for genuine either, and Peril kept expecting him to stand up for her when he was in distress and thinking abut something more important.

Peril is willing to scorch Clay's school and friends if he didn't love her back, and is willing to commit murder for Clay. Also, in Peril Escaping, Peril kept thinking about herself when Scarlet threatened Jade Mountain and (spoilers) pretending to kill Queen Glory, she thought something like "Would he be sad if it was MeEeEe" or something. GIRL.

But, still, in conclusion, even though Peril is a little creepy about Clay, and Clay and Peril would be better off as friends, I wouldn't drop to the floor and start sobbing to death if this became canon. Dragonets between a goofy, friendly, kind and warm MudWing and a fiery, adventurous, fierce, and hopeful, firescales SkyWing would be interesting and pretty cute. In Moon's vision she saw Cleril's dragonet and I had to smile inside when I saw those dragonets. Literally. So. CUTE.

Even if it's not the worst ship in the world, it's not the best, and it can, at times, be platonic or toxin, so overall, I would rate it 

*Drumroll please*

4/10. (Also, good pic)