Chap 4

Chap 4

As Aryan mentioned, he was gone whole next  day to do script reading. She had forgot to ask the title, she texted him about it as she was curious.
"Ranjhna" he replied.  Imlie was impressed by the title .
She was typing her report on domestic abuse and the statistics which have gone high recently in the country. She didnt realize either that it was almost 8 pm at night. Usually whenever she is late, she would call Aryan to pick up, as her office is more on backroad of highway and since its corporate offices area exclusively it gets dark and quiet after 6pm.  Aryan hated when she worked late, he would worry especially since Mumbai saw rape case as horrible as Nirbhaya. But today, she has no choice but to walk to main road and get rickshaw. Cab was showing 45 minutes away , she would get rickshaw faster than the damn cab. As she was walking she a weird creep mid age man following her. She kept praying, she tried calling Aryan but he didnt pick up.  Then she stopped picked up a big stone holding it tightly in her hand, the man was swaying as he walked past by her . Imlie laughed nervously ,"Everybody isnt bad" she muttered. Man suddenly stopped and turned and stared at her, Imlie stopped in her tracks as well. "Aurto ko itni raat akele nai gumna chaye beta" he said in slurred speech. Imlie ignored him, putting up brave face she started walking and so did the man. Finally she reached the main road and got a rickshaw. It was just weird experience she thought.

She went home and made dinner, but when it was turn to eat she just couldnt put a bite in her mouth. She was used to Aryan being there and them eating from same plate. She covered the plate and went to bed directly ,exhausted with work sleep came fast.

She felt a sloppy kiss on her cheek, she turned around her eyes half open, "Aru" she sais his name. He was changing his clothes, he came to bed soon after. It was almost 3 am at night, "Ssh sleep" he said as he pulled her body towards him and cuddled her giving her kiss again. Imlie went back to sleep with a smile.

Aryan was still sleeping , when she woke up . She kept her chin on his chest and looked at him adoring him. She slowly traced her finger on his cheeks lightly, kissing his chin. He must be exhausted working this many hours, he and she both have to get used to it. Imlie sighed and got up for shower.

After an hour, she made breakfast, got ready and went to check on Aryan but he wasnt awake. She kissed him goodbye and left for work.

This kept happening for a three weeks, she hardly ever see him, she always made sure to text him and check on him. They only talked one night , when he had come early. "I miss you Aru" he nodded lookinh tired. "I do too" he said.
"I heard excellent things about you. You are all over social media Aru. People especially girls loving you!!" She said changing her tone to more enthusiastic.
"Yes, i keep my fans updated now and then. Its the marketing thing and personally i have been more active on social media than before. Me and Rashi they love us as couple. They love our intensity and the fights that we been having recently" he chuckled
"So when you two will fall in love in reel life?" She asked
"In couple more weeks, i believe. Lot of pressure though of trps and such Imlie. That itself can be exhausting luckily audience loving me and Rashi so much so most dont know am married. They want me and Rashi to be together in real life" he laughed at how ridiculous it sounds but they are fans and they have their opinion, admiration for their actors. #Raayan thats our tag"

"Look at you , all glowing and so happy. Never seen you so excited, so passionate just so content and satisfied" she said as she fed him.
She wasnt kidding, Aryan became one of biggest tv star overnight.

The following month, Imlie left for Delhi for an celebrity event cover. She had informed Aryan who she hardly met but she made sure to always text him or call him in once in a while. She was suprised when he called first time after getting the role when she had reached Delhi.

"Baby , reached? Akeli gai ho?" He asked but before she could reply, Rohan came in video
"No am here with her . I will be with her all thentime.By the way congrats man!"
"Thank you" he said smiling but Imlie knew he was faking it. Imlie took the phone and excused herself and went to quiet place.
"Kya hua?" She asked
"Tumhe possessive Aryan dekhna thana? Is that why you took Rohan? He is always so chipku Imlie. I dont like him" he looked angry and upset.

"You are just cranky Aryan" she tried explaining but he cut her phone.
"Ye kya baat hui? " she wondered to herself but he didnt pick up when she called again. At night, she saw his social media post, he was at club partying with his Ranjhna team. He looked happy , she was relieved that he was just cranky.

She told Aryan to pick her up as she was going to land late at night but he flatly denied she felt hurt for the first time.  When she arrived , he was home sitting on sofa. "Hi baby was waiting on you" Imlie didnt respond and directly went to the room to change. He followed her and grabbed her hand, "Kya hua? Itna mood off kyu?" He asked trying to hold her waist but she brushed his hand off.
"Tum mujhe lene bhi nai aasakte? You are the one who hates me being alone at night ab kya hua?" She asked
"Acha to yeh problem hai? I was tired Imlie" he shrugged. "You know i been working odd hours and slogging off " he said
"Thik hai Aryan. You are tired and so am i . Good night" she didnt bother to change and covered herself with blanket. He came and try to cuddle her but she elbowed him. "I am tired just like you said you are" she repeated
"Imlie " he said huskily trying to pacify his wife. He tried tickling her, but then he heard her sob.
He hugged her tight from back, "Sorry Sorry, I cannot see you cry" he said softly in her ears. He caressed her head like a child as sobbed.
"Imlie" he called lovingly, she turned around and hid her face in his chest finally reciprocating his hug.
"I miss you, you always come pick me at night. I know i can take care of myself but i miss our moments.  I know this is your dream to be an actor " she sighed "I dont know i just miss you"
"Ok sssh, honestly i was damn jealous of that Rohan i wasnt tired i was just plain old jealous"
"You liar!" Imlie was now mad and started hitting him.
"Well you wanted to see that side of me" he laughed as he got up from bed trying to run away from his wife beatings.
"Sleep outside ARYAN SINGH RATHORE" she yelled at him and pushed him out of room.
"Hey" he knocked but from the room his wife said "I am not going to melt" and saw the light shutting off. Aryan scratched his head and chuckled to himself and went to sofa to get his beauty sleep.