come back [6]

1st person.

"We should give Ran time" Tommy said as he sat next to me on the sofa.

"Tommy, can I speak to you?" Wil looked at Tommy then me then back to Tommy. Tommy got up "sure?"

After Tommy and Wil left, Toby left too, probably got to check up on Ran. I was stuck with Phil. I was about to start a conversation but then Toby ran out. "RANS GONE" Toby basically yelled. Phil got up in an instant, Tommy and Wil ran out of where to were talking. I got up from my spot and opened the front door and bolted out followed by Tommy and Toby and left Phil and Wil to search the house and wait too see if Ran comes back.

We made it to the end of the block. "Tommy you go left." I said in a hurry. "Got it" he then ran right. "OTHER LEFT TOMMY!" I yelled too him and he turned around and went the other way. "And Toby go right." "Okay!" He then ran right. I ran forward.

I had no idea where I was going but, I was going. I made it to a park, I looked around. There! He's on the swings.

I walked over to him and sat on the swing next to him. "Ran?" I looked over at him. He looked up at me and hummed. "Is there something you want to talk about?" I asked him. He opened his mouth like he was going to say something but closed it and looked at me in the eyes. "I know you know about Forest.." He answered. "Yeah.. I do.. I'm sorry for your loss Ran." I decided not to tell him about Forest being my cousin. "Thanks.. sorry if I came off rude, I just- you look a lot like her it confused me for a second.." he look back down at the ground. "it's okay, do you want to go back to the house? Everyone is worried.." I told him, I got up off the swing. He looked back up at me and nodded. He got up, easily towering over me. "Okay, let's go."

Ran POV

I was just sitting on the swing looking down at the ground when I heard someone approach and sit, I decided not to look up. "Ran?" I heard a feminine voice nex to me. I looked up and hummed in response to her. 'oh, it's that one girl, Willow? Yeah Willow.' "Is there something you want to talk about?" I opened my mouth to say no but decided against it. I looked her in the eyes, the only difference from here and Forest's is Willow's is a green/grey instead of blue/green like Forest's was "I know you know about Forest" I decided to say. "Yeah.. I do.. I'm sorry for your loss Ran." She responded sympathetically. "Thanks.. sorry if I came off rude, I just- you look a lot like her it confused me for a second.." I said then looked down at the ground. "it's okay, do you want to go back to the house? Everyone is worried.." she said softly, I felt the weight next to me disappear. I look up at her and nodded. I sat up off the swing as well. "Okay let's go."

Words:554