➭ your

chapter 8: am i not enough?

Jihoon watched as Hyun Joo grabbed the boxes from the storage room.

"Careful." He grabbed a box that was close to falling on her feet. "You're carrying too many boxes."

Hyun Joo sheepishly grinned. "Sorry."

Jihoon blushed, following behind her. "You look really happy nowadays."

She was. After getting Ha Joon's phone number, the two always texted about their whereabouts. She would also send love emojis, blushing when he would send some back. Even though they weren't a thing, Hyun Joo still couldn't help but fantasize that they were.

"Yeah. I've been in pretty high spirits lately." She admitted, releasing the boxes out in the backyard of the shop.

Jihoon followed after her, rubbing his neck before asking, "So, have you thought of an answer to my question?"

Hyun Joo faced him. She had given it some thought, but not as much as she wished she should have. "To be honest, I did, but I still need more time."

He nodded, slipping his hands in his pockets. "I understand."

Ha Joon looked up as Hyun Joo walked in with heavy bags of food. She set them down, their eyes meeting.

"You're home." He nonchalantly said as he typed on his laptop.

"Yeah." Ha Joon stiffened when she placed her chin on his shoulder, looking at the laptop. "What are you doing?"

"Work." He squirmed away from her touch, but Hyun Joo was already leaning back.

"I know you don't feel the same way. So don't worry about me." She pursed her lips.

"That's not.." He trailed off, shaking his head. "Nevermind."

"Is it important what you have to say?"

Ha Joon stood up with the laptop in his arms, replying with a soft 'no' before he walked inside his bedroom.

Hyun Joo stayed silent as the door shut behind him. She walked to the couch, plopping herself on top of it before pausing. This was the second place that they had sex, but would it continue like this? She had a feeling it would, Hyun Joo wouldn't care anymore if she slept with him again. But the thing that bothered her the most was their awkward tension. She at least wanted to get to know him better.

Ha Joon looked up from his laptop, confused on why Hyun Joo walked in.

"Hey." She said, unsure. "Can we talk?"

Seeing as there was no other way to get out of this situation, he nodded, shutting his laptop down and putting it aside. Hyun Joo approached the other side of bed, sitting down next to him but making sure to keep a distance.

"I was just wondering why you're always so tense around me in person." She sighed, fiddling with her fingers. "We text casually but I don't think that's enough. Shouldn't we at least try to get to know each other?"

Ha Joon listened. He hadn't realized his own actions were taking a negative toll on her. But how could he tell her that he always felt so nervous and embarrassed around her?

"Sorry. My head's been in the clouds lately." He explained as he rubbed his eyes. "But yeah, I don't mind hanging out with you."

"And... about the sex," Hyun Joo pursed her lips. "To be honest... there's something that's been bothering me lately."

"What is it?"

"There's this guy at work who told me he likes me." She looked down. "I don't know how to tell him that I don't feel that way for him. Besides, I didn't tell him about you, and if he were to ever find out, I wouldn't know what to do."