➭ lips,

chapter 11: gentle, hardworking, and resilient.

Since Hyun Joo's absence, Ha Joon continued with his life like nothing happened. He worked regularly, went out for late walks while smoking, and often drank.

Yunseo also started showing up more frequently. The sex increased between them, and he could feel himself rely on her more and more as she was willing to listen to his problems.

"Ha Joon, how about we go to the club, hm?" She asked as she traced her finger along his naked chest.

At the thought, he shook his head in disgust. "I'm not going back there again. It brings too many awful memories of when I slept frequently with women."

"Not to have sex, dummy, but to go out and have some drinks." Yunseo kept talking and talking to try to convince him to go to the club, but in reality, she didn't want him to go. Mainly because she wanted him to keep relying on her. Yunseo only wanted Ha Joon to fuck her. To have her by his side as he went on with his life without Hyun Joo.

Much to her surprise, Ha Joon shoved her off, pissed.

"I'm tired. Go home."

"What? But it's not even nighttime-"

"I don't care. Go home."

Yunseo watched as he sat up, beginning to change before she wrapped her arms around him, back-hugging him.

"Ha Joon," She whispered, trailing her lips against his neck. "Can we not fight? Please? I really hate being on bad terms with you. I'll stop insisting, okay? Just stay here with me."

Ha Joon unlinked her arms around him. He faced her, and Yunseo could see the lack of love or lust in his eyes as he stared at her naked figure. "Yunseo, I really am tired. Go home."

She wordlessly sat by his bed as he picked up his clothes and left.

When she finally finished unloading every box, Hyun Joo sighed in relief. Her small home was finally in place, and now all it took was to start getting ready for her night shift.

She showered, humming to music she played by the side before stepping out to do her usual hair routine and touching her face with a little bit of skincare and makeup.

Hyun Joo sighed as she stared at her reflection. The mirror wasn't big but she still felt comfortable with what she has now.

As she changed into new clothes, she walked past Jihoon's neighborhood to the coffee shop, which turned out not to be too far. It was something that she was thankful for.

Her co-workers greeted her as she walked in. Hyun Joo went to the backroom and changed into her uniform, smiling at Hana who was ready to head out.

"Are you gonna be okay working at night?" She asked.

"Don't worry about me. Jihoon's staying. He told me so."

Hana awed, nodding. "Okay, cool! Goodluck!"

Hyun Joo chuckled, waving back at her overly excited coworker. She glanced at the remaining customers before heading to work.

When the clock hit twelve, Jihoon locked the front door, calling it a night.

"Good work today." He smiled. "You did really well for your first night here."

"I've gotten pretty used to it after sleeping here for some days." Hyun Joo joked.

The two laughed.

"I'll walk you home." Jihoon offered, but she shook her head.