➭ simply,

chapter 15: shamefully exposed

The next day, Jihoon walked inside, greeting his usual hellos to his workers before heading to his office. But his radiant smile wasn't as noticeable as before, and Hana watched with confusion as he busily typed on his computer.

She walked in, holding the broom in her hand. "Where's Hyun Joo?"

"I don't know." He replied, shrugging but she could see the hurt in his eyes.

Hana glanced back at the customer that walked in. "Welcome!" She greeted the woman, stepping back as the woman sashayed past her to get into the office.

Jihoon looked up at Yunseo, confused as she sweetly smiled at him.

"Hi there. We meet again, don't we?" She sassily said, tilting her head.

After bringing her stuff back home, Hyun Joo ate a quick dinner before walking back out.

She looked up, her positive energy immediately crumbling to the ground as she made eye contact with the person she least expected to see. "God, no. I'm not dealing with this."

"Hyun Joo, listen, we need to talk." Ha Joon begged, placing his hand against the door.

Hyun Joo gave him a dirty look, attempting to slam the door shut. "Let go of the damn door!"

But he was simply too strong. Damn, curse you, arms, was her first thought as Ha Joon managed to slam the door all the way open.

She boldly crossed her arms in front of him. "You have ten seconds to say what you have to say."

"Can we talk inside?"

"You're not allowed in my house ever again. So hurry up."

Ha Joon pursed his lips, opening his mouth to speak before she cut him off.

"Actually, nevermind. I don't want to hear it. Just leave." She shoved him back, locking her front door as he stared at her with a desperate look in his eyes.

"Hyun Joo, I swear I wasn't doing anything with her. It's you who I really like now."

Hyun Joo rolled her eyes, turning around to face him. "You were sleeping around with so many women before you even met me. Just go ahead and keep doing what you've always done, and leave me out of it."

Ha Joon looked hurt by her words, but she remained silent, refusing to even bring out an apology.

"Everytime we argue, it always ends up turning into sex." She blurted out. "Don't you think that's what's wrong here? The fact that we can't talk it out like normal adults and have to practically shove our tongues against each other to solve things out? I'm sick of this. I just want to live a normal life, dating Jihoon and doing normal things like a human being. Being with you only prevents me from finding that true happiness I desire." Hyun Joo choked out, blinking tears back.

"We won't do any of that again. I truly do want things between us to work. I promise I'll make you the happiest, just please take me back. I can't bear the thought of being without you."

Hyun Joo was stunned as she watched the cocky, overconfident man break down in front of her. It was something she never saw in him. Why? Why was he doing this?

She almost felt bad, almost to the point that she regretted making him cry. But Hyun Joo has suffered too much to keep quiet at this point.

Footsteps slowly crept up next to them, and Hyun Joo turned around, facing Jihoon. He looked stressed, and his eyes were bloodshot red as if he had been crying.