A Tale Of Two

Italic= backflash

-----

Dream left, saying goodbye to Blue, and went to Dreamtale, everything was the same as that day.

"Bother!"

Dream went a stomp, the tree that was their mother, the same tree that they use to spend time with. Play all day, just the two.

A small bright yellow skeleton was hanging upside down, his face right in front of a smilier  skeleton, "Nightmare what are you doing?" Said Nightmare looking up from his book "I'm reading and you" Nightmare smiled, and Dream giggled "I'm just hanging around"

Dream smiled and sat down in front of the tree of feeling, happily remembering the memory of him and his brother. Here they were born and where they thought they will be for the rest of their lives.

"I'll always be here for you"

"Promise?"

"Promise"

Tears start to form, "I'm sorry" a simple whisper escapes his month. "There isn't a point in reminiscing something you can't change" Dream hears Nightmare tell him. Dream didn't look back, but he knew he was right behind him. Wiping the tears away, "I know I can't change it but that doesn't mean I stop remembering" Dream just stare blankly at the stomp, Nightmare looks down at Dream not bothering to look that their Mother. Nightmare step back once he saw that Dream was standing up.

"What happened Night?"

"Oh, um, I just fell from, uh, the tree"

"So why did you want me there? Another sappy story of how you're the victim?" Nightmare asked clearly not wanting to be there. "Can't I just talk to my brother?" Dream asked, Night growled "Bullshit! You never wanted to talk" waking next to Dream, "After all these years, you FINALLY want to talk?" then Night laughs, Dream meanwhile doesn't the feeling of guilt as bubbling up. Dream was silent, "You change, Nightmare" Dream then looks at him "I was scared"

"I don't like the villagers"

"They aren't bad, Night, look they made us cookies!"

"And what? You are not scared now?" Nightmare asked Dream, he just shook his head "Gotten used to it, but why did you do it" Nightmare just looked at him, what was he serious? Dream still hasn't finger it out?

"Why do you care? Eh, you never cared what happened to me" Dream step back, with a confused face "I never cared? I have, but you never told me what was happening, the cuts and bruises, the reason why you didn't like the villagers" Dream sighed and looked over the abandoned village, "Why didn't you tell me you were getting bullied?" "Would you believe me?"

Dream was hurt, did Nightmare not trust him? "I would have believed you, even with the lying I always had" Nightmare looked at him, then at the village "Then why didn't you do anything to stop them"

"How, if you never told me?"

"But would you?"

Dream then look back at Nightmare, this is the first time he has truly looked at him. "I would" was all he said. "Sadly, it's too late, the damage has been done, like you said, we can't change to the past Nightmare" Dream wanted to hug him but he knows better, "Just, I wished that I was able to help" Then Dream started to walk away. He was about to teleport away when he felt a tentacle wrap around him and then pull back. He felt Nightmare hug him. 

They both stood and hug each other for a while, just enjoying the moment.

"Sorry"

-----

561 words

A/N: Again so sorry for being short and late but I felt like if I add more of the story the moment would be ruined.