Memento

A/N: Enjoy !

Preview:
He then turned back to the three guests. Still looking undisturbed, they were staring at the screen.

However unlike the other, the little being noticed a trace of sadness in their eyes.

————————————————

The screen began to turn black and some voice could be heard.

From what the hero's could hear, it was definitely a conversation between domestics.

"Hey is it true the rumours that the deceased countess was cursed in reality ?"
"Shhhh !!"
"Sorry everyone, she's currently new and still in formation so she does not know what is clearly happening in the mansion."
"Oh come on ! I think everybody feel the same as me. I mean don't we all think it's strange such an healthy woman dying so abruptly? Even the cause of her death is unknown!"
"Please watch your mouth. Wether this baseless rumour is true or not it doesn't really matter now. She's gone so there's no point in talking about the dead."
"She's right. Right now, what is important is for you to read the room !"

"Did you see the young master ?"
"Yeah I too saw it."
"I can't believe he did not even pretend to be sad. Maybe he's cursed like his mother!"

The crown prince and the nobles frowned. They were all quite knowledgeable about this kind of rumours.

Those fake informations which was intended only to harm was something that everyone who knew the court had already experienced at least once in their life. It could not be help but it was still sad to watch, even more when the concerned one was a child.

"I am worried about the future of the county. I mean look, since his wife is gone, he keeps himself locked up in his study."
"Yes that's not good for his health."
"Moreover because of that the atmosphere has become kind of heavy."

"I heard the count is even neglecting his work, is it true ?"
"Really, but then... how come the job is still done perfectly?"
"Well, that's weird."
"What do you mean ?"
"Look, nobody's in the study but the paperwork is still done perfectly on the desk."
"Stop ... everyone, we should not look further into it. We're only domestics after all. So close the door and everybody go back to your tasks !"

Slaammm
The maids who were in the study a minute ago left the room and closed the door.

A figure behind the shelf revealed itself. It was a red haired little boy.

For the group in the meeting room, it was clear. This boy is Cale.

"Ha, maybe I should stop doing this. It's my father's work after all."

The boy approached the desk, put down a pencil and then walked outside the study.

As he was heading towards his room, the domestics in the hallway started to gossip again.
The boy did not bother to punish the servants in question and went on his way.

When he was finally in his room he sat down on a couch.
His room was really large. However it felt quite empty and lonely. There weren't much furnitures beside the bed, the couch and the table.