Mirage

Preview:
"Bob ?" asked the red haired.

He then turned his head in the direction of the pursuer. A sinister aura was felt.

"Shit"

————————————————

Some time passed and the meeting room was still dead silent.
They could only watch as Cale kept running.

They did not know if they should feel pity for this child or be amaze by his survival instinct.

Of course he was out of breath but his choice of actions and movements were all that of a professional.
He knew how to conceal his trace and to move effectively.
But more than that the group started to observe how Cale was using his abilities.

It was really subtle.
Only for a brief moment, they could see Cale's eye glowing red and then stopped.

'If he received his mother's abilities, it means he can see the annual rings of lives, remember his past lives or ... see the innate fate.'

Judging from his movements, they could deduce he was using the latter, however they could also guess this trick wouldn't last for long.

All of his abilities weren't used for combat. Moreover they could also see that as always great powers come with a price.
After all, each time he would use his power, they could see the young boy's face getting paler and paler.

His time was counted

Boommm

Cale fell on the ground.
Not having much time to get up, he quickly hid behind a bush.

He blocked his respiration with his hand and as the pursuer was getting nearer and nearer, cold sweats forming on his forehand could be seen.
His eyes were filled with panic and fear.

The group just like the young boy hold their breath.

'Someone is going to come!'
'Someone will save him!'
'It has to be this way since he is alive today !'

Tshiinnnnggg

[ A/N : I am sorry but I dunno what sound to write !! No matter what I write it sounds weird. So I decided to give up. (T∇T) ]

"Found you."

Unfortunately unlike what they had expected, the pursuer found Cale.

He quickly grabbed and threw him towards a tree.

Cale gasped and coughed. He was trying to catch his breath. Some blood was dripping from his mouth.

Those in the meeting room frowned or looked away. They couldn't bear to see a child get beaten up.

However something made them all looked back on the screen.
It was the red haired boy.

As soon as he returned to his senses, the boy tried to immediately stand up and kept staring at his assailant.