⤰ ᄃΉΛPƬΣЯ IX

They have set sail to Trunne and they were on their way there. For a not-so-rare sight, Captain Lily Evans was holding the wheel while everyone else took on their assigned chores for the day.

She was enjoying the rather quiet morning on her own, at least technically on her own, until one little thing decided to ruin that solitude. 

"Need some help there?" he asked in order to start a conversation.

"I think I could handle a wheel, Potter," she gave him a quick glance over her shoulder. "Been doing it for years, now." 

"Then maybe you just need some company?" he tried again. 

"Quite liked it before you came into the frame," she gave him a one-shoulder shrug without looking at him. 

"Evans, I think you clearly know I want to have a little chat."

"Gideon is right there, the one sitting on the barrel. I'm sure he has some sort of words he can share with you," she tried to dismiss him, but when it came to James Potter, she usually always failed at the task. 

"A little chat with you, if it wasn't clear enough before," she could hear the anger he tried to restrain.

"Ah, you should have said so," she gave him a nod. "No."

"Evans," he whined. "And you say I'm the one who plays these games. You know how to play them too."

"Of course I do," she gave him a smirk over her shoulder. "I'm a pirate."

"Are you making fun of me?" 

"Not at all," sarcasm should have been dripping from her mouth at that point. 

"Hi! How are you? Tell me about your family," he started the conversation again. 

"Are we sure you haven't swapped souls with Sirius?" 

"I turn into Padfoot when I get bored," he sighed. "A flaw that seems to have been written in my system. That's what I get for having him as a brother." 

"A brother?" she asked, returning to not look at him. 

"They're all brothers to me. The lot of them," James Potter explained. "Except Dorcas. She's the sister that holds together and won't be afraid to throw a few daggers our way if we started acting-"

"Stupid? Foul? Pretentious?" she filled in for him.

"Now that's a big word, Evans," James gasped. 

"Go back to being the strict pirate you pretended to be," Lily pleaded, finally looking at him again. 

"You like this side of me," he stated, singing the words. 

"I hate all sides of you." 

"We'll see, Evans! You'll end up loving me!" 

"Okay, now I think you may be drunk."

"A little morning rum never hurt anyone," he admitted. 

"It all makes sense now," she muttered mostly to herself, but he heard it too. 

"WHAT?" he asked, his voice booming like an old man who was about to relinquish his hearing. 

"FOY! WEBB! PUT HIM IN THE CELLS UNTIL HE'S SOBERED UP!" the captain gave out her order. 

And just like any drunken pirate, James Potter whined the entire time the two women dragged him towards the cells. Even when his inner circle came to meet him, they didn't last long. 

"No one go to the cells if they want to keep their hearing," Dorcas announced. "Our Captain has a terrible voice when he's drunk." 

"And when he's sober?" asked Joy Foy with a wink.