Chapter 8: Tell me you Remember

The morning was beautiful as I knew this day was a moment yet to come. I never let myself down. I always found a way to pick myself up. I headed to eat breakfast just like any other weekend. I had worked so hard this week. Today I finally had a date.  Well I mean i have had many with a special someone.  But every day felt like the first. A few months ago I was talking to a guy who worked at a dance production company. We became good friends and I felt a strong connection. His name was Hyun-Jin. He was tall and good-looking, with the most beautiful eyes that I have ever seen. I had fallen for him. 

I never thought I would like someone again but I had moved on. I was happy to be with him. He became that light at the end of the tunnel.  I just waited for the days, he would ask me to be his girlfriend. As it had been months going out. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough. I've waited and soon I hope this day will be that day. As I headed up to the restaurant near the beautiful park I waited and waited until it was already 6 pm and nothing. I left not wanting to hear his excuse again. But there he left a letter  " Bora Please be my girlfriend".   But suddenly while leaving out of know where Hyun-Jin came through the tunnel with roses  "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever." He said while he held my hands. "I do want to be your girlfriend," I said happily. We hugged tightly not wanting to let go of this precious moment. But suddenly he received a phone call, he left without an explanation not even having time to spend with me . 

I left, throwing the roses on the ground.    I headed back to my salon changing into my clothing and getting back to work. My phone rang, Hyun-jin  kept calling. I was just tired of his same excuses. I turned it off. And threw it in the drawer.  " Ms. Bora, I have a client waiting for you. It's a VIP. I put him in your private room." she said. " Thank you but did he tell you his name?" " no he just came into the salon but he is so handsome he has PLUMP, round, pillowy lips small but strong figure. Very well-body proportions: The eyes tilt down a little, kind of hooded(?) in a way very soft features and doll-like appearance, Small lil' nose." she said with a wide smile. The description was just like how I describe Jimin. My heart raced but I knew he was no longer here. I headed to the room where the man was sitting. He had a mask on as I greeted him. He stood up and bowed. It was him it was Jimin. I pretend to not know him as I was in shock just how. I felt my hands shaking. Not being able to touch him again. I went ahead and did my job as I washed his angelic golden hair. 

Memories of him and my love for him that I had thought had faded away were still there. " Are you going to act like you didn't see me? Bora I'm here again not as your guardian angel but I'm here in human form." He stood up looking at me, as I let go of his hair I looked down " no sir I don't know who you are so please let me finish so you can go. " He stood up and looked at me, pulling my chin up gently. " Do you really not remember me ? I couldn't bear this feeling. I don't know what I was feeling. I pushed him away saying  " please sir sit down I never had a lover that left me, if one loves someone one should stay and tell the truth of what they feel don't you think." He looked confused and sad. He sat down and as I finally finished he left. As I watched him leave I couldn't bear but just cry, not believing that he was real. I felt the pain when he left me but i knew my love for him was eternal.