Chapter 1

You pulled your x-wing into the spaceport on Lothol after tracking down Hera's signal. You took a few months to arrive, choosing to stop in deep space for some time to meditate and come to terms with your new life. You knew that to do what needed to be done now, you had to let go of your past and come to terms with your new purpose.

You opened the hatch and stepped out, "come on R8, we can leave the ship here for a bit." R8 beeped and dropped out of the ship, coming to glide next to you. R8 was not your droid, he was left in the x-wing for you by one of the soldiers. But you grew to connect with him in the months you shared the x-wing together. He was an older model, but well maintained, the teal paint on his white parts was chipping a bit, but other than that, he looked like new.

You walked out of the spaceport, looking down at R8, "what were the coordinates, R8?"

Before he could project the coordinates, a voice sounded behind you, "fancy seeing you here, general."

You turned at the voice, a smile on your face. Hera stood before you, dressed in her pilot gear, but she had now grown into it fully. She closed the distance and wrapped you in a tight hug, "I was wondering if you were actually going to show up."

You chuckled, falling into step with her as she led you towards another hangar, "I had to figure some things out."

Hera nodded, "I can imagine, you sure you're up for this?"

You sighed, "I have to be, being a thorn in the side of the Empire is the only thing that will keep them safe." You knew better than to speak their names aloud, especially on a system controlled by the empire, but Hera knew exactly who you meant.

She turned and led you into a hanger where a beautiful VCX-100 light freighter was sitting. "Beautiful isn't she, I call her the Ghost," Hera gestured, "she can pass by any sensors without detection."

You laughed, "I think that part has more to do with the pilot, than the ship."

Hera shrugged, "well of course." You both laughed as she led you up the ramp, "come on, I want to introduce you to the team."