Chapter 10

You and Hera chatted, catching up on your way to Atolion. Atolion was close in proximity to Mon Cala, a semi water world as well, but with large black markets and trade routes. It was the center of black trade in the outer Rim and only a short ride from the Lothol system.

"Growing up, I never thought I would be here," Hera said, confiding in you, "the truth is I wonder if I am too young for this, if anyone even takes me seriously."

"Your crew does," you responded, "they follow your every command."

Hera shook her head, "I gave them a home when they had none, they are just grateful, it's not like I earned their fellowship."

You smiled at her, knowing she has wanted to talk to someone about this for a long time. "It's not always about earning through acts of war, sometimes it's about simple acts of kindness and sometimes it's about finding someone to believe in."

"Like you believed in me?" she asked.

You nodded, "I still believe in you Hera, it doesn't matter how young you are," you placed a hand on her shoulder, "you have endured more than most, gained experience at a young age. That's why you are a great leader and that is why people follow you."

She nodded in thanks as the ship dropped out of hyperspace. You overlooked the small planet as she descended the ship towards the coordinates. She landed in a small hangar far away from the main market.

Once the ship had landed you pulled the lever to open the hatch and walked out side by side with Hera. You could sense her presence, "where is the contact?" Hera asked quietly next to you.

You chuckled, "she's here," you said, turning around to see a cloaked figure.

"It's good to see you again, master," the figure said walking closer.

You smiled and walked closer, "it's good to see you," you responded wrapped the figure in a quick hug. Hera looked confused as she stepped closer to you.

The figure removed her hood and revealed a beautiful togruta, "Hera, please meet Fulcrum."

Hera looked at her face for a moment, "I've seen you before, you were on Polis Massa."

Ahsoka nodded, "yes, only now I'm not trying to make myself known."

Ahsoka smiled at Hera, "there's a vendor here, he's moncalmari, but a decent guy. I have him holding imperial shield generators for you, military grade too."

Hera nodded to you and you moved to follow her, but Ahsoka grabbed your arm, "that's not a good idea, master."

You and Hera both stopped, looking back at Ahsoka, "this is a big black market, imperials and rebel sympathizers too, you are too easily recognized and the guilds still have you on their wanted lists."

You nodded in understanding, "Hera, the mission is yours alone." Hera nodded and left the hangar bay.

Ahsoka turned to you with a smile, gesturing for you to sit with her on the floor, "this really should be your job, hiding out with small bands of rebels isn't your thing."

You chuckled lightly, "I imagine I will be on the front lines again before my time is up, but for now this helps me forget, helps me deal with it all."

Ahsoka's smile faded, "you still blame yourself for the deaths on Polis Massa?"

You nodded, "there is no one else to blame."

"How about the Inquisitor that killed them, or the stormtroopers that went there in the first place?" Ahsoka asked, "you once told me that I would never progress if I didn't learn to let go of the things outside of my control."

You shook your head, "but I was the one that led them there, the clones saved my life, and I repaid them by leading them to their deaths."

"They are not all dead," Ahsoka interrupted.

You held a hand up, "don't, we must all think they are dead, it keeps them safe."

Ahsoka nodded in understanding, "I saw Rex and Echo not long ago, they are doing well."

You smiled, "I am glad, they deserved to find peace."

"They have," Ahsoka replied, "a few other clones have joined them, they are living on Cilos, away from the war and away from imperial attention."

You felt carefree for a few moments, thinking about Rex and the others living a relaxing life. Cilos was a desolate, rocky planet with hardly any civilizations, they would be safe there. You let your mind slip, wondering where Hunter and Omega were, wondering if they were safe.

Ahsoka noticed, "you're thinking about them, aren't you?" she asked, "I haven't seen them, not even heard whispers."

You nodded, saddened, but also hopeful, "that's for the best, it means they are staying hidden."

Ahsoka nodded in agreement, "tell me about the rebels? Are you happy?"

You chuckled, although there was no humor in it, "I don't know if I will ever be truly happy again, but for now I have found a new purpose, a new place to call home."

Ahsoka smiled, "good, you know you deserve it."

Your smile faded, "I don't, but I am trying to make up for the things I have done. These rebels need help, maybe helping them is my way back to the light."

Ahsoka threw her hands in the air in frustration, "you have got to stop blaming yourself for what happened, you don't owe this to anyone. You never left the light because of what happened, you ran away from it because you refuse to forgive yourself."

"I don't deserve forgiveness," you cried out, "I killed my friends, I sent the man I love away, I descended into darkness long before this and had to be pulled back." The tears were flowing now, "time and time again they saved me, protected me, loved me, and I repaid them with death. I would take their place in a heartbeat, but I can't."

Ahsoka sighed, knowing that you needed time to process, that you never fully healed. She placed a hand on your shoulder, "I'm sorry, master, I know it is hard to forgive, I know it is hard to move on. I hope one day you can leave all of this behind, find your own peace."

You nodded in thanks as you let your tears dry. Ahsoka was younger than you, but somehow her advice sat with you.

Moments later Hera arrived in the hangar again, "shield generators will be loaded onto a cargo vessel and we can pick it up in hanger 17," she explained.

You and Ahsoka nodded, standing up from the floor, "well done," you said, brushing off the dirt.

Hera looked between you and Ahsoka for a moment before nodding and disappearing onto the Phantom. You heard the sound of her priming the engines.

Ahsoka smiled to you one last time, pulling up her hood, "I'll be in touch, master."

You nodded, watching her move swiftly out of the hangar, "may the force be with you," you whispered into the empty space.