Chapter 9

You left your past and emerged in reality. Ezra was gone, but Kanan was still sitting next to you. "Do you want to talk about it?"

A tear still glistened in your eye, but you wiped it away, "there's nothing more to tell."

Kanan looked at you seriously, "you may be older than me, wiser too, but I like to think I am one of few people who understand you."

You nodded, "you understand my past, but not this, this is different." You stood up to walk out of the room, but Kanan stopped you.

"I know you love Hunter, and I know he's still out there," he said. You looked at him in confusion and he continued, "we didn't watch his death in your flashbacks, which means he's still alive. The fact that you aren't with him, means you are protecting him, probably because he now has the girl."

You looked in shock, "Hera told me about Omega," Kanan whispered.

You placed your hands on Kanan's shoulders and looked him in the eye with all seriousness, "forget about her," you commanded, "Hunter died on that moon and so did Omega," you lied.

Kanan opened his mouth to speak but you interrupted, "they are dead, Kanan, and that is all you need to know about it." Without waiting for a response you walked out of the room and towards the cockpit.

Kanan ran a hand through his hair as he watched you go. He knew they were still alive, but thinking they were dead kept them safe, and (Y/N) staying away also kept them safe. So he happily put it in his mind that they were gone, knowing that all your focus was on their safety.

—-----------------------------

Hera was sitting in the cockpit when you arrived and practically collapsed onto the seat next to her. "Rough training?" she asked with a small laugh.

You nodded. Hera's smile fell when she saw the real pain and sadness in your eyes, "I have a mission, if you want it. Might be a good distraction."

You shook your head, "send someone else, we have something to do first." You pulled out a communicator and tossed it to Hera. "The coordinates are to a new contact I want you to meet," you explained, "one with missions in this sector."

Hera nodded, "we'll take the phantom, meet me there in a few minutes." You nodded and walked back to your quarters to grab some things. As you were walking down the hall, Sabine was waiting for you.

"What's the mission?" she asked.

"New contact," you replied, walking through your door.

Sabine didn't waver, she stood in your doorway, "good, I want in."

You shook your head, grabbing your things and heading for the access hatch to the phantom, "not this time, Sabine."

Sabine followed after you, "I want to know what's going on."

You met up with Hera at the access hatch, Sabine on your heels, "Hera, tell her I can come on this mission."

Hera looked between you, "Sabine, I need you to go into town on a supply run, imperial shield generators are being delivered to the supply depo."

Sabine rolled her eyes, "don't think I don't know what you're doing."

Hera smiled at her, but Sabine turned around, heading to the cargo bay to take the speeder into town. You climbed the access ladder behind Hera and took a seat while she primed the engines.

"She is a good warrior, you know," Hera said, "she just has trust issues."

You nodded, "I'm just not used to people not following directives, working with clones was very different."

Hera nodded, "they both have their flaws, a good leader just has to roll with what they're given." She started up the phantom and started rising towards space before programming the hyperdrive.

"That's why you're a good leader, Hera," you said once you reached the upper atmosphere, "you're flexible, understanding and you care deeply."

Hera smiled, "all things I learned from you."

You shook your head, "all things you already had, you just grew into them."

She nodded to you in thanks as the ship jumped into hyperspace. "It's not far from here, it should be a short trip to Atolion."

You nodded. "So who are we meeting exactly?" Hera asked, slouching in her seat.

You smiled distantly, "she's gone by quite a few names, although now I believe she prefers Fulcrum."