Chapter 16

Baros was a short trip and before you knew it, Hera was guiding the ship down at the coordinates Fulcrum had provided.

"Stay on the ship," you instructed the kids.

Sabine folded her arms in disappointment, but remained on the ship as you, Hera and Kanan exited the ship.

Next to you was an imperial loader and a man tapping his wrist, "I thought you got lost."

"It takes time to get here undetected," Hera scoffed.

The man chuckled, "the name is Klem."

"Hera," she replied, "Kanan and (Y/N)," she said, gesturing to each of you.

Klem smiled, "Fulcrum assured me that you were the best team for the job, glad to meet you."

You nodded respectfully to him, "how did you manage the Aldahni heist, Klem?" you asked.

Klem shrugged, "wasn't my plan, just my flying skills. Now let's get this unloaded and get out of this place."

Kanan walked back into the ship to gather the others to help load up the Ghost and you walked into the Imperial loader with Klem.

He pulled you aside by the arm, tucking you both into an isolated corner away from the entrance. You were immediately defensive, but you quickly relaxed when you saw the look of fear on Klem's face.

"Fulcrum told me that you could help me," he whispered quickly.

You gave him a confused look, "we are transporting the supplies for you."

"No," Klem interrupted, "I need to get out of here, I am wanted by the empire."

Klem reached under his robe and pulled out something that was tied around his neck, "I was given this as payment for the heist, but I will give it to you if you help me."

You grabbed the dangling crystal, running your hand along it, "this is Kyber."

"Yes," Klem nodded, "you're jedi, right?"

You shook your head, "the jedi are gone, but it will get you a good price on the black market."

Klem grabbed your arm again, pleading with you, "please, I want to make it back to my family, but I can't get there."

You sighed, knowing you might be this man's only hope. "Take this," you said, grabbing a handful of imperial credit from the pile onboard, "it will buy you passage to Navarro, from there locate a group of refugees in the outskirts, find a man by the name of Cal Ketsis and let him know I sent you, he will help get you home."

Klem looked at you and smiled, sighing in relief, "thank you, thank you so much."

"You did quite a bit just to get to me for help," you said with a curious smile.

"I took the job because I needed money, everything fell through and Fulcrum was my last hope, they led me to you," Klem explained, leading you back out of the secluded corner.

You clapped Klem on the shoulder, "good luck, Klem, we'll have this unloaded in no time and you can be off."

Klem nodded in thanks and helped load the supplies and credits to the Ghost. Before long you were on your way, setting the coordinates for Yavin.

"Are we sure about this?" you whispered to Kanan, you still had major reservations about showing up where the Rebellion was forming.

Kanan shook his head, "no, but the sooner we get in and get out, the sooner we can return to Lothol."

You nodded, Kanan knew the true reason why you did not want to go there. It was the place where the rest of your team could never go, although you know they would have loved it.  It was hard for you to think of anything beyond your small mission with the Ghost crew, it was easier to repress it all. Plus you were recognizable, and you did not want the Rebel leadership recruiting a former Jedi to their cause - it was easier just to remain hidden.

Despite your reservations, the crew jumped into hyperspace on their way to Yavin 4.