Chapter 24

You heard the inquisitors continue to bicker as they chased you through the outpost. "We should split up," Ezra said, turning a corner and coming to a fork in the road.

"No," you responded, shaking your head, "none of us can defeat two enemies alone, together is where we have an advantage."

"Then what do we do?" Kanan asked, "there are only so many places to run in here."

"Hera," you whispered into your comlink, only there was no reply, "they must be jamming us."

You turned around and heard the sound of the inquisitors drawing closer. "Ezra, get to the airlock and tell Hera to get to the main hangar but not to land, we'll need to get out of here quickly. Kanan, we'll distract them so Ezra can sneak away."

They both nodded and Ezra quietly ran down a corridor towards the airlock. Kanan looked at you, "how are we going to get out of the hangar if she doesn't land?"

You shrugged, "we'll have to figure that part out." Kanan nodded in understanding and listened as the Inquisitors drew closer.

"We can sense you, general," the seventh sister cooed menacingly, "there is nowhere you can hide from us."

You nodded for Kanan to continue to move through the corridors towards the main hangar and ignited your saber, letting the glow give away your position as you walked out in front of the enemy, "I'm not hiding."

The woman laughed, "you sure don't disappoint," she steadied herself, you could tell she was getting ready to attack, "even if it's foolish."

You were ready for her attack and easily avoided her lunge, using the space between you to aim a kick to the chest of the fourth brother, knocking him off balance. You used the momentum from the kick to propel you down another dark hallway, deactivating your saber to conceal your position once again.

After a few quick turns, you ran into Kanan once again, "the hanger is right through those doors," he said, motioning to a door at the end of a long hallway, "do you think Hera is waiting there?"

You shook your head, "I hope so, we won't be able to keep running from them forever."

Kanan nodded and began to move down the hallway, only for a red glow to stop you both in your tracks.

"Running away?" the seventh sister asked, "maybe you do disappoint me, the Grand Inquisitor holds your fighting style in high regard."

You and Kanan stood shoulder to shoulder as both inquisitors halted between you and the hangar, "you're hardly a challenge for me, inquisitor."

She laughed again, "brave little general, all alone in a great big galaxy."

The fourth brother howled in frustration, "this is foolish, let's take them now!"

He moved to advance but the woman put her hand up, "patience, brother, there is no need to rush things," she explained.

You ignited your saber and Kanan followed suit, you gave him a look, hoping he understood all the meaning behind it and then you charged.

You used their distraction with one another to strike quickly, opening a path to the hangar doors, but the seventh sister regained her composure quickly and aimed a blow to your back.

You easily blocked it, and pushed back, but the fourth brother also aimed a blow to your legs. You were about to try to jump and avoid the blow, when Kanan ducked beneath you and used his own weapon to halt the advance.

In the tangled mess of limbs and sabers, the seventh sister smiled wickedly at you. Instead of letting fear take over, you smiled back, meeting her grin with one of your own. You dug deep into yourself feeling the gray in a way you had only once before. You pulled strength enough to push the two back with the force, watching them tumble into crates in opposite directions.

Without hesitation, you and Kanan ran to the hangar doors and manually opened them. Once you were on the other side, you let the doors close and slashed the control panel, sealing the blast doors.

"There she is!" Kanan shouted, motioning to the Ghost hovering outside the force field of the hangar. The ramp to the cargo bay was down, Zeb and Ezra were waiting on the ramp, oxygen masks secured to their faces. There was only a minute for relief when you heard the Inquisitors ripping at the door to get it to open again.

"Jump," you said to Kanan, securing your hilt to your belt.

"What?" he asked in confusion.

"Trust me," you said, bracing yourself, "jump."

Kanan looked confused, but nodded as he pushed off from the ground. You reached him with the force, using it to propel him quickly through the force field and into the arms of Zeb on the Ghost. Ezra quickly secured an oxygen mask on Kanan's mouth, but he pushed against it, looking at you.

He waved his hands for you to jump, knowing there was only seconds before the inquisitors would break through. You nodded and went to push off the ground, but there was a loud clash of metal and you felt a force grip your body, stopping it from moving.

You turned and the fourth brother had his hand raised, using the force to hold you in place. "I told you, you couldn't run," the seventh sister smiled. She ran at you, aiming a blow to your midsection. You thought quickly, using the force to push the fourth brother into a nearby wall and breaking his hold on you. It gave you just enough time to dive out of the way of the seventh sister's saber. As you dove you grabbed your saber from your belt and ignited it, slashing it across the helmet of the woman.

She howled in pain as her helmet fell to pieces, but you wasted no time, using the force to throw her into the body of the fourth brother and running at full speed towards the force field.

Kanan watched you, he held his breath as you broke through the shield and he used the force to pull you to him, grabbing you in his arms and pulling you into the ship as the ramp closed.

"We got her!" Zeb shouted to Hera.

"Lightspeed, Chop!" she said, moving the Ghost out of range of the old base. And in no time at all, you were out of the Kessell system and into deep space.

Kanan released you and pulled you to your feet, "that was quite the blow," he said with a smile, "she looked rattled."

You nodded in thanks, "quite the catch," you responded, "thanks."

He smiled back with a nod and let you walk up the ladder to the cockpit where the others waited. "That was terrifying," Ezra said, once everyone was inside, "I had no idea there were more of them."

"No one did," you responded, "but they'll be coming now, they all will."

—----------------------

ON A REMOTE MOON IN THE MUSTAFAR SYSTEM - FORTRESS INQUISITORIOUS STANDS TALL

The seventh sister and fourth brother hurry into the main officer of the Grand Inquisitor and kneel at his feet.

"Children," he said, motioning for them to stand, "I hope you have news to report that is worthy of calling me here on such short notice."

"Yes, grand inquisitor," the seventh sister replied, "we have found her."

His eyes grew wide, "you found the girl?"

"No," the fourth brother responded, "better."

His eyes narrowed and a wicked smile pulled at the corner of his lips, "general (Y/N)."

"Yes, master," the seventh sister answered, "and she has aligned herself with the rebels Lord Vader was tasked with destroying."

The grand Inquisitor rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "I must inform Lord Vader immediately."

"Shall we continue to look for the rebel base?" the fourth brother asked.

"No," the grand inquisitor replied, "gather your siblings from their current assignments," he explained, hitting a few buttons on his control counsel, "I want general (Y/N) brought to me, alive, at any cost."

"Yes master," they replied in unison.