Chapter 23

After some time, Sabine gestured to a ton of crates, "ta da."

You smiled, "open them up, let's make sure we got the right stuff," Kanan said, immediately starting to pop the tops off of the containers and deactivating the gravity locks once they were checked.

You were just about to join the others when you felt a coldness deep in your bones. It was a terrible feeling, one you haven't felt this powerfully since Polis Massa. Kanan and Ezra stopped in their tracks, the same expression on their faces, "do you feel that?" Ezra asked.

Kanan nodded. "We have to go, now," you said, shock and fear gripping you. The feeling could be a far off warning, or one that is right upon you.

Sabine and Zeb looked confused, but quickly grabbed stacks of crates and began guiding them towards the airlock. "Sabine, take us the quickest route," you said, letting her lead the way.

She nodded and began to move faster, taking a ton of twists and turns towards the airlock.

"Something is wrong," Kanan whispered as he ran next to you, "I feel it more strongly."

You nodded, "me too."

"What is it?" he asked, fear beginning to set in.

"A powerful enemy," you answered, "one not easily defeated."

Ezra heard you and quickened his pace, forcing Sabine to move even faster. "Should we ditch the supplies?" Zeb asked.

"No," you and Kanan responded at the same time, "we have to get this back to the rebels."

Suddenly there was a loud noise behind you, and the lights of the outpost turned on, shining brightly against the former darkness. You and Kanan stopped, feeling the deep cold pull as a figure emerged from behind several old containers. He was large and stocky and his skin was a pale gray, but it was the markings on his face that told you who he was. "An inquisitor," you whispered, "but not the one I have battled before."

The inquisitor turned and from another direction came a slender woman, dressed in the same garb, her skin a sickly pale green. "Brother," she said, her voice ringing, "how interesting it is to see you here."

"Go," you whispered to Sabine, "get it on the ship." She nodded and grabbed more crates, pushing them on followed closely by Zeb. Ezra and Kanan remained at your side.

"How lovely it is to finally meet you, general (Y/N)," the woman said, turning her attention to you, "you are a hard woman to find."

The man pulled her shoulder back, "it was I that found her, seventh sister."

"And I that will bring her to the Grand Inquisitor, fourth brother," she spat, she pulled away from him and focused her attention on you again, "you have something we want."

"I don't have the girl anymore," you said, pasting on your saddest face, "she was killed after the battle of polis massa."

The woman laughed, "do you think we are idiots?"

"Well you sure look like idiots," Ezra said, his voice low.

The woman flashed her teeth and reached behind her back to pull out a circular device, activating the red blades, "what did the boy say?"

The man ignited his saber as well, "he said, you look like idiots," Kanan responded, pulling his hilt from his belt but not activating it.

The inquisitors advanced, you pulled out your saber and ignited it, Kanan and Ezra doing the same. "I'll take you all to the Grand Inquisitor," the man said, "dead or alive."

The woman growled, "you fool, he wants her alive."

While they bickered, you turned to Kanan and Ezra, we just have to distract them long enough for them to load the supplies, lead them away from the airlock." They nodded and you gestured to another corridor. You snuck one last glance at the bickering inquisitors and sprinted down the hall, Kanan and Ezra on your heels.