63. Cat, Oppa or Namchin?

You don't see each other for a month.

Not that either of you plans it that way. Between Yoongi's album pre-release schedule and your tour, you are literally never in the same city. Work drives every personal emotion out of your mind, leaving you with this strange empty feeling. In between the chaos and the commitments, you still text each other, sending an odd voice memo, and maintaining repetitive low energy conversations. Most shows end so late that your days and nights blend into one another.

Lily and Monica both make efforts to ask you where are you at with him. But you really have no answer. He makes no further advances, and you're much too stressed to make any yourself. But you don't let go of him and convince yourself to not expect anything either. It's only fair since you had started creating the distance between the two of you in the first place.

The only time you see each other's faces live is a video call that V does on the day Jasmin Bloom, his song featuring you both, releases. It does just about okay, keeping in mind the BTS standard, but your DMs and comments are flooded with armies' messages. Because Yoongi and V had such high expectations from the song, it ends up becoming a bit of a joke between the three of you that it didn't do that well. Still, the value of some things lies simply in the experience of them.

Monica updates you on DK's case from time to time. He has maintained his distance from you, and is much too occupied saving his ass from court to focus on anything else. You are finally working on kicking him out of the one place you should have a long time ago - your own head. You don't want to live your whole life hating him or wondering when he would crop up again. It was time to have a little faith in yourself, in your people, and in the life you had built.

Prakriti has recruited a media veteran as a Board member in DK's place. And you've finally let your association with the foundation out in the open. Now, your fans know that part of your concert sales will go toward your own foundation, as they always have.

Between rushed texts, sleeping on the go, and intense never-ending performances, March shifts into May. You finally land in Seoul to stay for at least a fortnight before the Asia leg of your tour commences.

The first week back, all you do is sleep. There's no strength left in your body for anything else. One day, when you're sorting through your closet, you spot the hoodie you wore at the Palm Beach airport. You never did wear it again. Sweet memories.
But wait - you thrust your hands in its pockets. Maybe it's still there? And it is.

The button.

You had accidentally ripped it off Yoongi's jacket during the commotion outside the toilets. It makes you laugh.

"Aigoo, you were soo into him even then, Y/N," you sigh. As you fidget with the silver-black button, it hits you with the force of a wave.

You miss him.

That empty feeling that doesn't leave you. It's the absence of him, of the way you feel around him, the feeling of you - safe, happy, liked just how you are. You blink. Absence does make the heart grow fonder.

But you couldn't even call him. He was - if you remembered his schedule correctly - on a flight from Amsterdam to Incheon.

You lie back into the pile of clothes and stare at the ceiling. The setting sun fills your room with its orange glow. Gentle hums of traffic down below are the only sounds around you, except for a stray pigeon cooing on the balcony.

Okay.

The only way to stop this beautiful evening from turning into a depressive night was to go out. You drag yourself into the shower and come out feeling a bit better. What to wear would depend on where you were going, but where could you possibly go at -