Chapter 9

Blake looked terrible. She had massive eyebags under her eyes, and she slumped on her bed, exhausted.

"You want me to what?"

"We want you to go to the dance," Ruby reiterated.

She scoffed, "That's ridiculous."

"Is it? Blake, frankly you look terrible, and you haven't been getting enough sleep," Percy pointed out.

"Blake, this investigation is starting to mess with your head. We, as your teammates, are worried about you," Yang said.

"You don't even eat! You toss and turn in your bed at night, and your grades have been suffering," Weiss laid out points using her fingers.

"I don't care about grades right now! There are people out there suffering!"

"We know, and we're all still working on what Torchwick and the White Fang are up to. But you not getting enough sleep isn't going to help anyone. Let's face it, you are obsessed with the White Fang. But you aren't the only one working on this, and your affiliation with them was a while ago, so long ago that you aren't privy to their internal operations anymore. So stop trying to take it upon yourself to work at it day and night without getting any sleep, Blake," Percy said.

"Thanks to you and Sun, we know that they're operating somewhere out of Southeast Vale," Ruby laid out.

"And the Schnee company records singled out Vale as the primary target for dust robberies over the last few months," Weiss added.

"And that missing military tech from Atlas," Yang said.

"But there's still unanswered questions."

"And you won't be able to do anything if you literally can't keep your eyes open," Percy countered.

"How many nights have you gone without sleep now Blake?" Ruby questioned, worried for her friend.

"Two, but I don't feel that bad. No, seriously guys!" she amended when they all raised their eyebrows at her, "with the master brew of coffee, I don't feel that bad."

"That explains it. But you're gonna feel like shit once you have to start sleeping."

"All we're asking is that you take it easy for a single day," Yang said.

"It will be absolutely fantastic! Yang and I will make sure of it," Weiss added.

"Yeah!" Yang pumped her fists in excitement, "We're planning the whole event!"

"Excuse me?" Blake looked offended for some reason.

"Team CFVY's mission lasted a lot longer than expected, so Yang and I got put up to the task," Weiss said.

"So Weiss and I were asked to pick up where they left off. And now we can make sure you have the perfect night."

"Once it's all over, you can have a good night's rest," Percy pointed out, "and you'll be more vigilant and alert for the search. So, what do you say?"

"I think this is a colossal waste of time."

She left, "I'll be in the library."

Tch. How generous of her to let them know that she'd be in the library.

Yang sighed.

"We have to stop her. She can't keep going like this, running on fumes," Weiss said.

A knock sounded on their door.

Weiss went to open it.

A certain blonde from team JNPR was in front of the door, with a guitar.

"Weeeiisss!" he sang horribly.