Chapter 39

Blake's scroll vibrated, and she picked it up. Finally, they had a signal.

Pyrrha: I'll try to come to the docks discreetly, just wait for me there.

Blake: Okay.

She tucked away her scroll.

And then, she looked up.

She stopped at the sight of the city of Mistral, her jaw hanging open slightly.

It was amazing.

Situated on a mountain, the city of Mistral could not be described as anything but majestic. Curved, red and golden roofs, and great double pillars that framed the houses which dug into the mountains. Wooden bridges ran across the houses, covering the gaps between the peaks. There were so many different diverse cultures, and

She noticed that Sun was looking at her with a smirk on his face, and she quickly closed her mouth. Sun had already been here before, of course.

Excluding Menagerie, it could be called the most tolerant kingdom, or at least the least oppressive, in regard to faunus, compared to the others.

"Let's go," Sun said.

That reminded her. They were here under the pretense of Sun returning to his team in Mistral.

In actuality, they needed to meet with the headmaster of Haven, Leonardo Lionheart, and with Pyrrha.

They stepped off the ship, descending onto the docks of Mistral.

"Hey, wanna grab a drink?" Sun grinned, pointing to a bar nearby.

Blake sighed, "I don't think it's a good idea to get drunk the second you step foot in Mistral."

"Oh come on!" Sun threw his hands up, "Mistral has the best booze! Quality booze! Everyone knows that!"

"Didn't take you for a drunkard."

"I just enjoy letting loose every once and a while, unlike you, Miss 'I am gloomy and don't have fun'."

Blake punched him in the shoulder.

"Ow!" Sun yelped, "Why'd you do that?"

"Shut up, dummy."

They went to the bar anyway, and Blake ordered a fresh fruit drink, with no alcohol, while Sun had the drink with the lowest alcohol percentage on the menu. Blake wouldn't let him drink anything else.

She made sure that they took the seat in the corner, so that they had the advantage of sight if anyone tried to eavesdrop or sneak up on them.

"You're such a kill sport, Blake," Sun groaned.

"No, I'm responsible."

"Uh huh... I'm also very responsible!" Sun joked.

Oh, the irony. And the hypocrisy. Blake was aware of it.

"Y'know, it's not like I abandoned my teammates or anything. Twice or something. And then went with a girl across the ocean, yeah? I mean, I'm Sun Wukong, I would never do such a thing!"

Blake was about to reply, when they heard a charming giggle from behind them.

She whirled around, seeing someone in a black hood and robes. She raised an eyebrow.

"Who are you?"

The person took off their hood, smiling.

Pyrrha Nikos. The Invincible Girl.

To be honest, she looked like shit.

She had dark eyebags underneath them, and she wore makeup to cover it. There were the hunched shoulders, and she seemed to have the constant urge to yawn.