Chapter 37

Blake wistfully looked back at the continent of Menagerie. Over the rising waves, her homeland slowly faded, as if it were waving wistfully at her, too. Even if it was her second time leaving Menagerie, it was still a new memory.

It had been too eventful for her tastes, to be honest.

It was supposed to be a relaxing getaway, from everything that had happened at Beacon. And yet, it was far from as relaxing as she had hoped. There had been White Fang business to take care of (that she still didn't want any part in), and Hazel Rainart had showed up.

Sun had been an integral part of it all, she admitted, as she looked to her right. The monkey faunus looked content to bask in the sun's rays, as the ship gently rocked under them.

Sun was a dork, yes, but he was intelligent enough to understand the subtext of everything. He still acted like a dork, but, when he got serious, he revealed his true self. On the surface, he was the happy, go-lucky monkey faunus, but inside, he was far more serious, while maintaining his optimistic outlook on life.

He brought a new perspective to the table, contrasting her own... pessimistic outlook, she admitted.

He had helped calm her down and see the reasonable side of things. Despite his... overly enthusiastic attitude at times, Blake was grateful for him. She really was.

She hadn't known him all that well at first, and never really paid him any attention, but when he had followed her to Menagerie, they were forced to spend time together.

Sun was mischievous, yes, but also kind, caring, and affectionate underneath. He was nice and wasn't put off by her past with the White Fang, or admittedly, her habit of being passive-aggressive, or her tone, ever... he was persistent, and put up with her ramblings.

Now that she took a second look at him, he wasn't really bad looking, even if he walked around parading his abs like they were the gods' gift to women...

Still, his baby blue eyes, and light blonde hair contrasted nicely with his features, and his build wasn't anything to scoff at either...

Blake shook her head. Where had that thought come from? Yes, maybe she had come to see Sun as... more than a friend, but...

Hadn't she told herself to focus on equality for the faunus before pursuing any romantic relationships? And now, Salem? There wasn't any time to undertake such fruitless endeavors... right?

Once again, she didn't really know what to do. But either way, they had to go to Mistral. They would meet up with Pyrrha and the group, and then they would decide what to do from there.

Could they defeat Salem, even with Percy on their side?

Only time would tell.

-----

Percy looked around, as he stepped out of the limousine, thanking the chauffer. The man, who seemed to still be in equal parts of fear and awe at his presence, nodded, trying to awkwardly bow in his seat. Percy waved him off, grimacing internally, and the man drove away, back down the long driveway.

He turned to look at the Schnee Manor, noting its beautiful architecture. Large pillars and arches could be seen from the sides and in front of him, with gray and blue accents, forming the theme.

As he walked, he adjusted the collar of his tailored suit, which Ironwood had gotten him. The man was always reliable.

Even when he revealed his ascension to godhood, Percy recalled, as he moved forward. It was... surreal. After denying godhood, he was now being forced to become one. Aether and Erebus had appeared to him in a vision telling him so.