Chapter 13

Nearly a week after the Breach of Vale, things had stagnated.

Somewhat...

Well, in terms of actual events, that is.

Throughout the week, Percy had met numerous times with the 'Ozluminati', as he'd termed the inner circle, much to Qrow's approval and everyone else's disappointment. He wouldn't budge on the name, though. Who knew that Remnant also had conspiracy theories like the Illuminati?

Slowly, with each meeting, they had broken down the information to him, about the Maidens, the Relics, and Salem. Oh, and of course, the Fall Maiden that was unconscious in Ozpin's basement. Really, there should have been something about women in an old bastard's basement, but who was Percy to judge?

The Maidens were four women who represented the four seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, each having incredible power granted to them by an old wizard.

When a Maiden died, the last young woman in her thoughts received the power; if the last person was a man, the power would be given randomly to some poor chump on Remnant who was eligible. Each Maiden could access one of the Relics of Destruction, Knowledge, Choice, and Creation, given to aid humanity by the God of Light... or Aether, as Percy knew him.

The last piece of crucial information given was that if all four relics were united, they would summon the Brother Gods of Light and Darkness back to Remnant, and the Brother Gods would judge humanity once more. If they deemed humanity worthy, they would return to live amongst them once more. If they were to deem humanity unworthy, they would eradicate them.

Old wizard was an absolute fuck up to give random women power when the power could just randomly transfer to some other moron on the planet.

Percy had articulated his thoughts, and Ozpin had been strangely defensive of the old wizard.

They'd debated on what to do about Cinder and her team, over, and over again, especially when the General had showed them footage of Cinder and her team meeting with Adam Taurus of the White Fang on Vale's rooftops.

The problem was that the cameras from Ironwood's ships that had taken the footage could only enhance and zoom so far from a bird's eye view, and the only things they could make out were silver, green, red, and black hair respectively, along with the black haired one wearing a red dress that popped out and the red-haired one having bull horns.

He would be the first to admit that it was kind of paranoid for them to assume stuff simply based on hair color and clothing color, but coupled with the attack of the CCT, the woman that had been with Torchwick? It was just too much to ignore.

By the time Ironwood had brought the information to them, the General looked like he was frothing at the mouth to just arrest the bastards. Percy might have been too, had he not realized that any attempt to arrest Cinder Fall, who had three quarters of the Maiden power, was kind of stupid. At worst, she'd escape, and at best, she'd cause a massive scene that would leave all sorts of headaches for Ozpin and Ironwood alike, along with the other two headmasters of Shade and Haven.

Surprisingly enough, Goodwitch had commented that Ironwood treated everything like it was a dick measuring contest. And even if Ironwood did have the best interests at heart, he did! Percy honestly hadn't known that strict, all-business professor had it in her! At the time, Percy had shared a look with Qrow, and a muffled snicker. Muffled, because neither of them had dared to laugh and risk an irate Glynda Goodwitch turning on them.

Speaking of Qrow, he was a snarky kind of guy, tough on the outside, but nice, yet still snarky once you got to know him and beat his ass in a couple spars. Percy could tell he genuinely cared for his nieces, always asking him how they were doing, and pestering him about practically everything concerning them.