Chapter 21

Percy's eyes hardened into orbs of steel, glowing with righteous fury.

Attacking his friends and innocent civilians... Cinder had to be on another level of wrong.

She would pay dearly.

Painfully.

As would Emerald for those illusions, and Mercury? Well, Percy didn't really care about Mercury as long as Cinder and Emerald got their dues.

Emerald had no doubt been trying to incite fear with her semblance, but it hadn't worked. So why were the Grimm attacking anyway without negative emotions?

He decided that he didn't care. The fact that there was a level nine Grimm attack already had people panicking, which in turn drew more and more Grimm to the school. He had to save the civilians first and foremost. Revenge could wait.

He sprinted with his team and Team JNPR towards where Ironwood was as the bullheads were already loading up passengers.

"Perseus!" Ironwood looked ecstatic at seeing him, and Percy couldn't blame him.

Percy cut right to the chase, "James, you never fully finished removing the virus. Atlesian knights are going to turn on civilians any second. Shut them down."

Ironwood grit his teeth, "They're helping!"

Percy scoffed, "Precautions-"

The Atlesian knights that had been firing at the Grimm glowed red, and proceeded to turn around.

Percy shot the General a nasty look, and Ironwood sighed in defeat. The General pulled out his revolvers and fired them, skewering them the Atlesian knights without much difficulty.

Ironwood grunted in anger, "Some... vagabond has taken my ship, and hacked it. I'm going to take back control of the skies."

"W-What should we do?" Jaune asked nervously.

Percy turned to the crowd, his face hardening into stone, his voice, "You are the future generation of the protectors of Remnant."

Riptide appeared in his hand, seeming to glow celestially against the sky, as he pointed the golden blade to the crowd of huntsmen.

"Wherever there is light, there will always be shadow. Nothing ever goes as planned in this world. Are you scared!? You should be. Wake up to reality!! Without fear, there is no hope. Hope is our strongest weapon! You must adapt, change, think on the fly. You are huntsmen, huntresses, the guardians of this realm! You are the impenetrable shield, unfaltering in its resolution! We are fighting for our right to live, for our right to exist. We will not be vanquished in the night! Amongst the creatures of darkness, we must have a light, a beacon of hope. Amongst the Grimm, glory awaits you!! Take it, it's yours!"

The huntsmen and huntresses in training roared in approval, their spirits raised by his speech. Percy smiled grimly; he knew there were slim chances of everyone there making it to the end, and there would be casualties. He just had to be ready for it.

"Vale needs backup, all their huntsmen are out on missions and can't respond."

"All of you need to go to the bullheads, get to Vale and establish a safe haven for the citizens! Teams PRWBY, JNPR, SSSN, with me," Percy immediately ordered, his face set in stone as he reached the edge of Amity Colosseum. Luckily, The teams followed his word to the letter, trusting his word.

"W-What are we gonna do?" Sun asked nervously.

"Team SSSN, Team JNPR, Team PRWBY. Can you trust me?"