Chapter 11

"What happened?"

Percy held up his hands as his four teammates crowded the door entrance to their dorm eagerly.

"Well, you know, just asked me details about the person who was in the CCT tower," Percy shrugged nonchalantly, not wanting to give out the name to his team just yet. They would be too eager, and would try to stop the bad guys the second his back was turned. No, it was better to keep it from them for now.

Even if Ruby's eyes pleaded with him so hard that he was about to cave in.

Thankfully, Yang saved him.

"Look Ruby! Dad sent something to us," Yang held out a brown package.

Ruby was visibly excited and hyper, and she quickly ran to it.

The second Yang tore off the wrapping, something jumped out of the box.

A dog.

"Zweiiiiii!"

Percy raised an eyebrow.

"He sent a dog... in the mail?" Weiss and Blake echoed each other with varying degrees of disbelief.

Yang dismissed them with a casual wave of her hand, "Oh he does stuff like this all the time."

Percy shrugged. He'd seen worse.

Blake had climbed up onto her bunk bed, hiding away from the dog.

Probably because she was a cat faunus, he snickered quietly, as Blake sent a glare at the yapping dog.

Weiss leaned in, "Are you telling me that this mangy, drooling... mutt, is going to live with us forevah? Oh yes he is, yes he is!"

Percy blinked. Weiss had flipped so quickly.

The dog, Zwei, ran onto him next, trying all his hardest to bowl him over. He began slobbering him not unlike his old hellhound Mrs. O'leary. Damn the dog was cute.

He ruffled him, showering him with head pats, "Who's a good doggo, who's a good doggo?"

"Oh isn't he adorable!" Weiss commented, ruffling him.

"P-Please keep him away from all my belongings," Blake practically whimpered from the corner.

The PA blared, "Will all first year students please report to the amphitheater."

"Well, we can't exactly leave him here alone."

"Oh look! There's a letter from Dad!" Yang pulled it out, beginning to read.

"Dear girls, I've got to leave the island for a few days, so I'm sending Zwei to you to take care of. Enclosed is all the food you should need. Love you both, Taiyang."

Yang flipped the box upside down, and cans of food dumped onto the floor.

"What is he supposed to do with that?" Weiss pointed in confusion.

Yang shrugged.

"Come on, let's go," Percy gestured, leading the group out of the room.

He could hear Weiss still ruffling the dog's mane, "Oh I'll miss you so much, we're going to be best friends, I can't wait to see you again!"

He snickered. Who knew a dog could even melt ice queen's heart?

-----

"Today we stand together, united," Ozpin spoke into the microphone, pointing out the four academies.

"Mistral... Atlas... Vacuo... Vale... The four kingdoms of Remnant. On this day, nearly eighty years ago, the largest war in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed, and of oppression."