Chapter 26

Blake exited the apartment quietly, heading to the docks. Slipping onto the streets at night was easy enough as she lending into the dark background. She had to get away from here, away from Vale.

A Queen of the Grimm? Her teammate was a demigod from another world? Not just maidens, but relics!? Add all of that on top of the Fall of Beacon, and it was all too much.

She had to go to Menagerie, anyway, if only to get away from all this mess. She hadn't seen her family in... five years, give or take. Her parents must hate their daughter for running away like that.

Blake sighed as she finally reached the docks, and she stopped to double check the lien she had on hand.

"Where you going?"

She whirled around, eyes wide, but she relaxed when she noticed it was Sun.

"Sun, what are you doing here?"

"Oh I dunno," the monkey faunus shrugged, giving her a meaningful look, placing his hands on his hips, "Trying to find out why you're sneaking away in the middle of the night with a backpack of clothes to the docks?"

"Why are you packed too?" Blake raised an eyebrow.

"Because I know you're going somewhere, and I'm coming with you!" he gave her the finger guns, but she was not the least amused.

"And who gave you permission to do that?"

"I... uh... Percy gave me permission!" Sun scratched the back of his head.

"Wh-how does that make it better?" Blake crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at him.

"No, no I didn't."

Sun jumped in the air, flinching as he whirled around to see an amused Percy with his arms folded.

"Not cool man!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air.

Percy's lips twitched upwards, "What's 'not cool' is stalking a girl in the middle of the night. Who knows what they're going to think?"

"And who's they, hm?"

"The detectives in charge of investigating creepy guys who stalk women at night. And a minor, at that."

"For the love of the gods, it's not stalking! And I'm a minor too, ya know!" Sun threw his arms up in exasperation.

"Jail might change your mind," Percy shot back, a grin on his face.

"I'm a minor! She's a minor too! I can't get arrested for following her," the blond crossed his arms with a huff.

"Details," Percy waved him off, "I think you want to get arrested. After all, 'age is just a number, jail is just a room', am I right?"

Sun groaned, running his hands through his blond locks, "What's the deal with you?"

"Nine ninety five plus shipping," Percy deadpanned.

"Your prices are absurd! I will never be able to feed my kids," Sun dramatically wept into his hands.

Blake let out a giggle. She couldn't help it.

Here she was, supposed to be on a boat by now, but now these two were bickering in the middle of the street at night, and she couldn't find it in herself to get to the boat.

"No, but seriously, Blake. Where are you going?" Percy tilted his head in question.

"I..." Blake sighed, shoulders drooping, "Well... it's complicated..."

"I get it," Sun nodded.

"You do?" Blake and Percy exclaimed at the same time, looking at him.

"Of course!" Sun moved to her side, the monkey faunus wrapping his arm around her shoulders, his other arm gesturing dramatically to the skyline, "It's obvious you're going to Menagerie."