Chapter 6

(Max POV)

    Dear diary. Today is I believe day five of my amazing headaches. I would like to thank my body for enabling this amount of pain on me truly.
    Just kidding. I do not have a diary. But like I said I do have my headaches. At this point they have become the only constant thing in my life unlike my family... or friends...or literally anything. Last night the basketball team won their game meaning that tonight was the championship also meaning that today at school we were going to have a lovely pep rally to celebrate them!

This morning I woke up with a startle. I had yet another nightmare replaying the incident at star court. It's never a different part of that night it's always the same. I look up from we're i would be crouched to see Billy being impaired by the Mind Flayer and dying.
Lovely I know. Every time I think I'm past this I have these nightmares. It's like a constant reminder that all I did was stand there and call out his name instead of try and help. My therapist lady tells me it's survivors guilt and over time it will go away. But I'm not to sure about that.

    After today it would finally have reached Spring Break. Tomorrow morning Mike was going to fly to California to see El and Will, Dustin is probably just going to call Suzie or hang with Steve or his new Friend Eddie. And Lucas. Honestly couldn't care less what he was going to do. After today he will become top tier  popular like he has always dreamed. As well as he would probably start to be invited to every party and then meet girls... not that I care.
Even if they lose tonight it won't matter. All that matters is that he is on that team. He is associated with that team. I've listened to the games every night these past two weeks and even though he hasn't played I still kinda listen in attentent in hopes...that he does. But I will never admit that to anyone.

"Shit" I cursed as I heard the screeching noise of the school bus start to pull out of my trailer park. "Stop! Stop!" I yelled to the school bus as I ran in hopes that it heard my calls.
"Hurry up kid! Your gonna make everyone late!" The bus driver said halting the vehicle to a stop.
"Sorry" I mumbled getting on a heading to the back of the bus
             Today was going to be an awesome day.
————————————————————

   Once arriving at school all I could see was everyone's smiling faces and bubbly personality. Literally disgusting. For once they all just need to wake up from their happy fantasies and realize that life isn't all unicorns and butterfly's.
    Hopping off the bus I turned back my favorite song Running Up That Hill to the start and cranking the volume up to as high as it would go. Walking into school today I had to make my way to the schools pep rally in honor of our fellow jocks making it to the championships.

    Through the pep rally basketball captain Jason gave a spectacular heart warming speech. It really did move me. My favorite part was when he used the names of our schools fallen students to 'lift his team to victory'.
     The entire time he talked about the mall fire and the loss of our friends I could feel Lucas' eyes boring into me from the court. But I ignored it as always and instead exchanged looks with Dustin and Mike.
    As the pep rally came to a close I slowly made my way out while putting back in the tape of my song and walking through the halls to my therapists room for our last weekly talk before Spring break.

    On the way to her classroom my eyes first wondered to a happy couple making out in the halls. Gross. Next they trailed forward to see Lucas at his locker with his basketball goons. Quickly I made sure to avert my eyes due to the fact I knew he would try and talk to me like he always does. Lastly when I almost reached the finish line of my destination I saw Chrissy, aka the popular cheerleader, walking out of Ms. Kelly's office with a scared and timid expression on her face. Slowing my walk to look back at her I saw she walked into the bathroom.