Chapter 17

(Max POV)

"Somethings happening" Dustin said as he ran ahead of us through the woods. Looking over at Lucas I gave him a quick glance before continuing to follow my curly haired friend. "Dustin? Can you slow down? Dustan?" Eddie exclaimed calling after Dustin. "I think we are getting close!" Dustin exclaimed. "Watch your step big boy" Eddie said stopping Dustin Fromm falling into the now prominent lake.
"Oh man, you gotta be shitting me" Steve exclaimed through his deep breaths. Stepping forward slightly I felt an arm slightly hold me back. Turning around I noticed Lucas and his face showing he was fearful of me falling in. "yeah I thought these woods looked familiar" Eddie said. "yeah lovers lake" Robin agreed. "There's a gate at lovers lake" I stated with confusion laced in my voice

"When ever the demogorgan attacked it always left an opening. Maybe Vecnas the same way" Nancy said turning to face the group. "Yeah, only one way to find out" Steve said half heartedly. Walking over to Reffer Ricks shed we pulled the tarp of the motor boat and began to haul that to the lake. "Easy, I said easy man!" Eddie warned as we began to place the boat into the water. As Steve held down one end of the boat the older teens one by one made their way onto the boat. "Hey, hey, hey you tryna sink us? This thing only holds three people tops" Eddie said pushing Dustan back as he tried to enter with the older teens. "It's better this way okay? That way you guys can stay with Max. Keep an eye out for trouble" Nancy explained earning a rebuttal from Dustin.

"It's by goddamn theory" Dustin argued

"You heard Nance"

"Who put her in charge"

"I did"

"Compass" Nancy stated simply holding her hand out to Dustan who gave it over hesitantly. "Hey there you go" Steve said chucking the bag of supplies to Dustan. "I thought you said the boat would only hold three people tops!" Dustan argued as Steve entered the boat and pushed it out into the lake. "Bed time at nine kiddos! Miss you already!" Robin yelled earning an eye roll from the three of us.
As we watched the boat continue to go further it abruptly came to a stop causing confusion in each of us. "Wait, wait, wait" Lucas exclaimed standing up from the shore and looking through his binoculars "They're stopping. Why are they stopping" he said franticly tapping Dustin. "guys what's going on" Dustin said through the walkman. "Ugh, Dustin, your compass has gone from wonky to wonky with a capital 'ahh'" Robin answered

"Ugh when did Steve get so hairy" Lucas said continuing to spectate through his binoculars. "Right? I keep telling him that he needs to tame the jungle, but he claims the ladies dig it" Dustin said in agreement which sought my attention. Quickly, I stood up, walked over to Lucas and reached for the binoculars. "Let me see" I said grabbing the binoculars from him "What?"
Moments passed as I still watched in awe at Steve. No I don't see him as a crush or anything of that source but damn was he fine to look at. "You guys realize there is a gate down there" Dustin said pulling my attention away from Steve "a water gate" he said so proud of him self expecting amusement from me and Lucas, but we just looked way from him un-amused.

Minutes went by and Steve still hadn't returned to the surface which began to work all of us. "come on Steve" Dustan whispered. Suddenly, voices began to echo through the woods. Me and Lucas both exchanged looks of worry before he shouted for us to duck down. Many thoughts began to race through my mind, but if the cops came by the shore they would then see the boat and Eddie would be caught which we could not afford. "Stay with me" I impulsively said as I stood up. "Hey, officers! Over here, I found the killers!" I yelled in their direction and began to run. We all began to run like maniacs the opposite direction as the others "Get back here you little rats" The cops exclaimed. Eventually they caught up to Dustan and pushed him to the ground. "Shit Dustan" me and Lucas said Turing back to him accepting our defeat.

--------------------------------------------------

Hello my lovelies, I know this is a short chapter but school is starting up again ughh

hope y'all enjoyed if you have any suggestions please leave them

don't forget