Chapter Eleven

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for my lack of updates recently. I know I haven't updated in a month on Behind Enemy Lines, but I've been so caught up in everything that I just haven't had the time. The time I have managed to get up Microsoft Word to write, I have only been able to edit through one sentence, sometimes only one word. I have just been wrapped up in College/University work, I met my sisters' boyfriend for the first time this month (I'm happy he exists :P ), I had family down from the northern state for a week, and I've had about 7 assignments due this month (I've done them, I'm happy :) )

Yeah, you can understand my lack of updates. I've also been struggling with other things too, but I won't dive into those; you're here for the next chapter!

I kind of want to point something out before you read the chapter, if you don't mind. I only just realised when I was editing this chapter was just how darker this book is in comparison to Behind Closed Gates. This isn't a happy-go-lucky romance about a lost girl who finds herself because of a mate. This is a tale of a girl whose been through so much violation (not rape, I could never write that) and experimentation that she's a shell of what she was prior to, which she can't even remember, and her finding out what's happened to her and how she can find her feet again. It's a dark book, a dark mindset for 'Raven', and I know there are probably a few people expecting it to be sunshine and rainbows after escaping.

No. She's still a victim to this, it isn't instant. That's why it's a dark book (which I didn't truly realise until this chapter). It's about her story of finding her feet in the midst of an upcoming war.

Maybe they'll be rainbows at the end for her, that'll be for you to read on and find out, but now it's a dark time for her.

But yeah, that's my rant... Sorry about that...

I hope you enjoy this next chapter, I'm sorry for the wait! I'm on my holidays as of Friday afternoon [AUSTRALIA EST], and I'm going to try and get out daily updates to you!! That means 21 NEW CHAPTERS!

21 NEW CHAPTERS!! From Saturday, daily uploads :)

Hope you enjoy this chapter, sorry for the huge paragraph of rambling!

Libby xx

P.S. Wow I apologise too much... sorry about that ;)

Kelly led her to the front of the cabin and Raven knew she was telling the truth. She couldn't smell nor see any silver anywhere near the cabin; the curly blonde grinning as Raven looked up at her in shock. Yes, it surprised her, but Kelly didn't seem to mind Raven's cold stare. The bright wolf just kept smiling.

"Let's go; we have a lot to tell you." Kelly said with a sparkling smile before trotting up the stairs to the oaken door. She opened it without hesitation and looked back at Raven. She was hugging herself as she scanned the dark cabin with glowing grey eyes. Her flaming red hair stood out against her bloody rags, but her scarred legs took a few steps forward. When Raven placed her sore feet on the wooden steps a cold chill went up her body. Taking a deep breath, she followed Kelly into the dark cabin. Outlines of weapons coated the walls; obvious the implements of her destruction were recently removed. Raven felt a shiver go down her spine, and her wolf stood up completely. While her head was hung low, the wolf was glaring at what was around her. On edge, Raven followed Kelly around the corner to the one room in the cabin. A large wooden table was in the centre of the room, littered with bloody clothes and stained papers, and was surrounded by 6 people.

To the right of the table, the Princess herself leaned against the doorframe. Behind her, a huge hunk of a hunter stood with a semi-smile on his face. Directly next to him, no doubt his mate, was a cocoa-skinned woman with long locks of dark chocolate. Her incredibly dark eyes watched Raven cautiously, an arm wrapped around the hunky Hunter out of fearful habit. At the head of the table was another mated pair; a scrawny Hunter with a laptop in front of him and thick glasses on his nose. Standing next to him defensively was a tall blonde woman with the darkness of the world in her eyes. Her head was high as she stared Raven down; a warrior. Standing opposite the dark-skinned wolf and the human boulder formation was Elijah acting every bit like a leader. From his defying dangerous eyes to his strong posture, he filled the room with his presence. Kelly almost skipped ahead of Raven and stood next to her mate, who was sitting at the corner of the table closest to her. Dave smiled as Kelly stood behind of him, her hands resting on his shoulders and starting a slow massage out of habit. Raven stood in the doorway, watching the werewolves and hunters.