Chapter Twenty

Enjoy the latest chapter you guys! Let me know what you think :)
If you guys want to tweet me some fan-art or any other questions, just tweet me via @LHBlake using the hash #BehindEnemyLines !

Libby xx

The clearing was becoming a popular meeting place for Thalia. She'd met Elijah there, Lady Seraphina, and now was meeting Raven there once again. With her head throbbing and her body weak from trying to repair the damage to her head, Thalia stumbled into the clearing. Raven was also stumbling over the clearing, her feet dipping into the muddy banks. The Princess called out to the little red-head and she halted. They both did. The two wolves stood still like they were leaning against a tight fraying rope between them. The rope was taut as Raven turned slowly to face the Princess.

Her eyes were gone. Hollowed out. The light grey orbs were fractured and broken, the hope that had bound them together shattered. Thalia's hard eyes melted to a soft fondue as they recognised the pain in her eyes.

Without any consent from Raven, Thalia ran over and hugged her tightly. Raven's lips trembled as she wrapped her arms around the Royal and they both fell together in the mud. A shiny tear slipped out from Raven's lids as she squinted them shut in an attempt to block out her pain. It wasn't physical anymore; her scabs were almost gone but the scars would always remain. This pain was mental; and there was little chance of healing any time soon.

"It's okay, I'm here." Thalia hushed, stroking the tiny copper coils that shook as Raven unleased her tears. She'd had enough and the Princess understood. The dark eyes swam with emotions but Thalia wouldn't let them run, not now. This was Raven's moment to break but Thalia needed to stay strong for her. To be her pillars as the house started to crumble, to be the sturdy foundation she needed to rebuild her life... her soul.

Gulping down her rising tears, Thalia admitted the truth to Raven. Admitted the pain she knew all too well.

"You know, when Lorraine and I were born, my parents and Elliot were so happy." She blurted with blubbering lips. Raven's tears ran quietly but quickly – the Royal's words were only existent at the moment.

"I was a few minutes older than her," Thalia smiled, "and I reminded her of that every day." She cradled Raven tightly against her like a protective mother to her little pup, begging the runt of the litter to be strong.

"We were raised to the hip. We never separated; always hide under the covers together during storms... Gossip with torchlight at the moon's peak about the cute boys that were training to be guards... We even ate the same meals." Thalia's voice was overflowing with emotion as she delved into the story of her past, of the other part of her mind. Her twin.

Raven listened quietly with a sheen stream on her face. The Princess's words were distracting her from the pain but reminding her of a lesson worth remembering. "Lora and I grew up together but grew differently in our personalities. We were both party people, but she was the drinker and I the sober one. When in Royal matters, she would gossip to me about the boring topics but I would find them interesting. We were raised the same, but we were not the same people. We had our own minds, after all." Thalia whispered into the red ringlets. "Twins or not, we were different."

"We attended our first Royal Visit with the Silver Pack, which happens every year in a different location. When we were there, we heard of the situation regarding Lady Seraphina, but Lorraine was swayed under the charms of a vampire. Lora believed that she had found her mate... I tried to warn her, seeing bad thoughts within his mind regarding his intensions with her, but she cast me out." Thalia hesitated as her lips started to quiver. The pup's tiny hands clutched her tighter, shaking slightly. She needs to know. Raven needs some comparison.